• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1810 Permission!

dumbdigger

Elite Member
I have been I ballin this place for years.
Last Wednesday I secured the permission.
I have been sooooo giddy since then I couldnt wait to hit it!
Owner said its been done before. Usually when I hear that, I take it as a challenge!!! Game on!!!
So, today I finally had free time, without rain.

DSC_2804.jpg

DSC_2806.JPG

DSC_2810.JPG

DSC_2814.jpg

DSC_2812.JPG

DSC_2813.JPG

Congrats on the great bunch of finds !

A photo of that house and yard could be on the cover of a metal detecting magazine !

Nice! I don't pay any attention when somebody says a property has been detected, especially if it's a yard of that size. Smaller "trashy" yards, too. As you said, I'll take that challenge any day. Every time I dig a coin that can only be detected from about 30 degrees out of a total of 360 degrees around the target, and only by going slow, I'm reminded of how many hours it takes to "hunt out" even a small property. There are sections of parks with hundreds of hours of detecting time on them that still give up some goods. My house is on nearly an acre and it took me approximately 40 hours, three different detectors, and five different coils to feel like it's 95% cleaned out. Three different people putting in 13 hours each wouldn't have 95% cleaned out because they likely would have focused on the same areas and from similar directions.

Awesome !
My phone must not have been working or I'm sure I would have gotten an invite. ;)

That is some super digging Jeremiah. Congrats on the Silver Dime trifecta, love the Seated, the Washington, the Indian and all the rest. I'm sure you still have a lot of ground to still cover on that site. Trapper

Whoever detected that place before didnt have a very good machine, sure missed alot of good stuff, barbers, seateds, relics. Wtg, congrats on a great hunt, I would go back again if they will allow it.

Awesome day man! Congrats!
Thanks Jeff! Love checking in on your hunts as well!

Nice. I love the landscape pix of the actual location.
Thanks Tom, It is a beautiful property! Well manicured lawn. Still grinning I got to hunt it.

Congrats on the great finds!

Thanks Tom, I just got the 15" coil for the Equinox! Have any pointers?

Nice lawn. :-)
Thanks

Nice silvers and IHP. Like the relics as well. Congrats.
HD
Thank you Sir!

Very nice finds!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Vince! You inspired me to slap up a location pic!

Congrats on the great bunch of finds !

A photo of that house and yard could be on the cover of a metal detecting magazine !
I know its amazing. I have been hunting a 1812 permission down the road. Of coarse they are friends. Anyhow, the lady at the 1812 permission showed pictures and drawings of the 1810 house, among others!

Nice permission......sweet finds!
Thanks

Nice! I don't pay any attention when somebody says a property has been detected, especially if it's a yard of that size. Smaller "trashy" yards, too. As you said, I'll take that challenge any day. Every time I dig a coin that can only be detected from about 30 degrees out of a total of 360 degrees around the target, and only by going slow, I'm reminded of how many hours it takes to "hunt out" even a small property. There are sections of parks with hundreds of hours of detecting time on them that still give up some goods. My house is on nearly an acre and it took me approximately 40 hours, three different detectors, and five different coils to feel like it's 95% cleaned out. Three different people putting in 13 hours each wouldn't have 95% cleaned out because they likely would have focused on the same areas and from similar directions.
Thanks, Obviously not hunted out but you can tell it has been hit before!

Awesome !
My phone must not have been working or I'm sure I would have gotten an invite. ;)
Sorry Tom, hard enough getting me on this beauty. Text me soon! Never know!

Sweet finds. You know there is a lot more to find there. Hope you have an open invitation to return anytime
Thanks Jeff, I am sure there is more!

That is some super digging Jeremiah. Congrats on the Silver Dime trifecta, love the Seated, the Washington, the Indian and all the rest. I'm sure you still have a lot of ground to still cover on that site. Trapper
Hey Trap!, thank you for all the kind words!

Whoever detected that place before didnt have a very good machine, sure missed alot of good stuff, barbers, seateds, relics. Wtg, congrats on a great hunt, I would go back again if they will allow it.
Hey Mike, its been hit before, I did have to work to find what I did find. Seems the easier targets are gone. There is more to be found. Thanks

Thanks everyone for checking out this thread! Usually dont post commons but an 1810 house, I couldnt resist. Lol
HH Jer

Back
Top Bottom