4 Ring Day but was Saved by the Ray

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went out for a 4.5 hour hunt yesterday. Sand movement seemed minimal but I did find an area near the down slope of the sandbar that gave up the 2 tungstens (one a "Triton" the other black one "China") and had some older coins – and what I mean older is some staining to them. I worked the area as well as I could but the good stuff never showed. Fortunately, early in the hunt, I picked up the large polarized RB Aviators which are in very good shape. The other glasses are in excellent shape too. The nail ring which is cosmetically made, not from a real nail, I gave to a friend of my sons who liked it. I have quite a few Ray Bans that I need to start putting up on Ebay before I run out of room in the box that I have them in.

Attachments

• 7-16-19.jpg
    7-16-19.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 647
  • 7-16-19 Rings.jpg
    7-16-19 Rings.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 643
It looked like a fun day of hunting but when you start to find rings you always hope to get a gold one in the there. I once had a six ring hunt and only one was worth anything. It was a 925.

Nice! I find even toasted Raybans sell on Ebay,those should fetch a nice chunk of change. Those Tungsten are sometimes made with Cobalt and when that is true they discolor and corrode in water. You probably knew that though :)

Nice hunt! Lots of sand here, been slow. Did find a small gold ring a couple days ago around 1 gram.

tungsten rings kind of "bite". But a pair of Raybans (in decent shape no less) made up for it.

Felix, I can tell you the way my beach is now a pair of great condition ray bans is considered a great find,,,,I got a set not long ago and Dew got one the other night,,,,not much here at all,,,,,storm did us zero favors,,,,sent sand in like a sand storm,,,,,,,flat oatmeal bottom and people scattered everywhere,,,,,GL HH

Looks like a very good hunt to me.
Beware of China made cheap rings and check to see if they're magnetic. I found a "stainless steel" China labeled ring that was magnetic, and found out the hard way by storing one of those China SS rings with a silver quarter and they reacted; same as electrolysis, the China ring was eaten away and the previously nice silver quarter had a dark raised deposits that cannot be removed by any earthly ways save to destroy the coin (was considering reverse electrolysis, but haven't gone that far, yet.). Later I checked it out and could not believe the ring was magnetic. Combined with a little left over salt from the Gulf, and humidity retained from being in a sandwich bag, the conditions were right for something to go wrong. But a magnetic wedding band?

I find a lot of sunglasses but 99 percent of them are toast by the time I find them. I deposit them in the trash cans when I leave the beach.

Felix, I can tell you the way my beach is now a pair of great condition ray bans is considered a great find,,,,I got a set not long ago and Dew got one the other night,,,,not much here at all,,,,,storm did us zero favors,,,,sent sand in like a sand storm,,,,,,,flat oatmeal bottom and people scattered everywhere,,,,,GL HH

No kidding....... more sand more sand. Winds 20+ mph yesterday straight into the beach.... that sand bar just keeps getting closer and wider out there. Ive actually gotten 2 pairs since we spoke.

Hey at least you are finding rings..... thats somewhat promising. Trade ya my pull tabs.:lol:

No kidding....... more sand more sand. Winds 20+ mph yesterday straight into the beach.... that sand bar just keeps getting closer and wider out there. Ive actually gotten 2 pairs since we spoke.

Hey at least you are finding rings..... thats somewhat promising. Trade ya my pull tabs.:lol:

So I got lucky on a recent drop on one that was NOWHERE would we had expected it,,,,,but you know,, many times when we actually dig one its more often than not, when and where we least expect it,,,,,:lol:the last three days have made conditions even worse,,,,We may have to set up a table at the beach entrance with Raybans and other beach items to sell to people coming in,,,,,I might have to leave out the dope vape I found in the dry sand the other night on my way back to the truck:laughing:GL HH

Im sure that was for MEDICAL PURPOSES.:lol: Seems i know a lot more people now days NEEDING the instant cure.

So..... what is that rusting ring you found? I found at least 3 of those recently and it seemed like some one was breaking them up in pieces. I like finding Ray Bans thou most seemed to be scratched up...... and i dont know what to do with the ones i find. Just been throwing them in a bucket.

Back
Top Bottom