First two silvers of 2021 and skeleton? key.

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
Weather here in my part of MT has been unreal for mid January. No snow , daytime temps in the 40s and 50s, barely below freezing at night. I have taken advantage best I can. I have been out nearly everyday for at least an hour but finds in the same old parks are getting more sparse. A few wheats and a bit of clad, but lack of silver, and no interesting relics had me searching out a new spot. A thorough review of Historic Aerials revealed a 4- 5 acre common area with a basketball court and a few horseshoe pits on the other side of town. It has been surrounded by homes since before 1950 and the BB court shows on the 1951 aerial, but even today is not an official city park. Anyway, with temps in the mid 50s today, I decided to check it out. Just like an older city park, there was lots of foil trash and multiple shallow non ferrous signals on every swing. After a few zincolns and couple of modern nickels, I finally got a deeper high tone and pulled a 1938 wheat and then a few feet away, a 1955 wheat. Good signs for sure. Keying in on deeper signals only, I finally pulled my first silver of 2021, a 1959 Roosevelt dime. Less than 5 minutes later, a deep textbook 32 on my Equinox gave me the clue to silver #2, the 1962 GW quarter. A bit later, I dug the short shanked skeleton key, my first ever. Time ran out as I had other duties today but I will be returning and scouring this smallish park for more.
Thanks for looking and HH everyone!!

Attachments

• 1-12-21.jpg
    1-12-21.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 278
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments. Good luck to all of you in your detecting adventures this year!

Back
Top Bottom