Any good places to hunt around Asheville NC?

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
The girlfriend and I are planning a vacation in May, and even though I can get a super deal on rate at any Hilton property, I waited too long to get any good deals at Gulf Shores.
Plans have changed...we are now heading to the mountains.
More comfortable there for her anyway because she just can't handle the humidity and heat very well, anymore.

Maggie Valley or probably Asheville.

Any members know anything about that area?
Any Hilton property hotel recommendations?
What would be the best "touristy" things to do, besides a tour of the Biltmore winery?

More importantly, where would be some nice places to hunt in that part of the country?

Just starting to research the area, and this might just be in the running for a new place to live since, after 18 years, I am now so over living here in Bama.
Love the people and the food, hate the heat, humidity and mineralized soil.

Thanks for any suggestions!

dont know about hunting, but i spent some time in asheville in the grove park inn (best hotel ever), and i absolutely love the area

The girlfriend and I are planning a vacation in May , and even though I can get a super deal on rate at any Hilton property, NC mountain land for sale long to get any good deals at Gulf Shores.
Plans have changed...we are now heading to the mountains.
More comfortable there for her anyway because she just can't handle the humidity and heat very well, anymore.

Maggie Valley or probably Asheville.

Any members know anything about that area?
Any Hilton property hotel recommendations?
What would be the best "touristy" things to do, besides a tour of the Biltmore winery?

More importantly, where would be some nice places to hunt in that part of the country?

Just starting to research the area, and this might just be in the running for a new place to live since, after 18 years, I am now so over living here in Bama.
Love the people and the food, hate the heat, humidity and mineralized soil.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Boune county is nice and open

As long as this thread was revived from over a year ago, I guess I will tell you how I did.
I had a total of maybe 2 hours to dig the whole vacation when the wife took a nap one afternoon.
I went to the nearest sports field to the hotel and and found very little trash, but also very few good targets besides these.

Clipboard01.jpg

On the way back to the car I kept swinging hoping for just one last good signal and I was lucky enough to find one in the grass next to a sidewalk near the parking lot.
Sterling ring...a very lucky find.

Clipboard02.jpg

I felt so lucky after that I bought a scratch off lottery ticket on the way back to the room when I stopped for gas, and luck was evidently still with me.

P1010603.jpg

Fun trip...had a great time.

Hi digger and bounty,

I am coming down in about 10 days to Asheville, hendersonville area. Any clues on some decent places to hunt? Digger, did you ever make it there?

Hi digger and bounty,

I am coming down in about 10 days to Asheville, hendersonville area. Any clues on some decent places to hunt? Digger, did you ever make it there?

Yea, just had a few hours to hunt on the whole trip so I hunted a large soccer field near the hotel and got that orange blossom silver ring you see above.
I just gave it to frankiefry because she pm'd me and said she had earrings to match and would love it.

See if you can get permission to hunt at The Biltmore House. LOL I was there and I'm sure it's LOADED with goodies. : )

Don't think I didn't stare at every blade of grass and plot of dirt all over the property when we took the tour of this huge home and estate. :D

This thread is making me laugh !!! Digger27, I live in Maggie Valley, have been here for 21 years. I wish you and yours would have moved here. I would love to hunt with you !

Demyansk1942... If you are still going to Asheville, let me know ! Im only 30 minutes away from there and I know of a few places we could hunt together.... I would love to have a hunting buddy !!!

That sounds great demyansk1942. I will PM you my info and we can speak on the phone before you get here. I think it will be a very fun time. Ive got permission to detect in all the town parks from the direcor of the parks and rec department. Ive only seen 3 other people in 21 years with a detector in there hands so I think this place might be a good place... I want to share it with all !!!

sounds good slug, pm me get number and I will be in hendersonville, i have 2 detectors and maybe my dad will come, he never tried it before but maybe just me, cool

Back
Top Bottom