New White Coinmaster GT

lem

Bought my wife a Coin master GT, for xmas, we are visiting Massachusetts and the weather was warm when we got here, so I gave it to her ahead of time.

A quick test, factory preset sensitivity, and discrimination set for iron. With auto tracking it was a breeze for her, except she needs to remember to hit the all metal button after pinpointing to reset to discrim.

The soil was about 6 inches of black top soil, and then it changes to sand. She found 1 zinc I penny at 6 inches another at 10, she kept getting a silver signal, loud and clear, it registered at 10 inches, but nothing there. Dug deeper and we pulled out a one inch screw with a large head. This was at a good 12 inches.

Later another 10 inch reading came in and it was a tiny piece of a metal snap like you find on clothing.

I am anxious to see what this machine will do in the mineralized soil of Panama when we return. So far it seems like a sensitive machine.

My guess it was the depth on the screw that made it come in as silver. EIther way the signal was loud and clear.

Happy New Year to all

Coinmaster GT looks like a very cool detector. The air tests are not impressive, like standard 7-10 inches, but it has automatic ground tracking which won't work on an air test (same problem with E-Trac ait tests) and of course no halo in air tests.

Looking forward to some field reports!

Thanks for the post. I've been considering a GT for my wife also. Sounds like a user friendly little detector, but I've been wondering if it is any different than the Prizm 6T.

A quick test, factory preset sensitivity, and discrimination set for iron. With auto tracking it was a breeze for her, except she needs to remember to hit the all metal button after pinpointing to reset to discrim.

Just some info, not sure if I am reading what you are saying right. To pinpoint is she hitting the all metal/pinpointing button and then forgetting to hit it to go back to discrimination mode? That is what I think you said. If so that is the incorrect way to pinpoint. I made this mistake when I first got the machine. That is just putting it into all metal mode which you can use to pinpoint but its not as good since the coil has to be in motion to get the sound. To pinpoint HOLD the button. "PP" will come up on the screen. It will hold the tone and a number will display on the screen. The number is a more accurate depth reading. When you let go of the button it automatically goes to discrimination mode. Hope that helps!

She holds the button while pinpointing, but when ready to detect again, its as if the machine stays in all metal, only used the machine once, so she needs more time on it.

Appreciate your info will check if we are doing something wrong. Hope to take it out in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom