Tiny crosses cut from pennies.

cmbtvet

Forum Supporter
I know what these are. What I don't know is what they are used for. I found one of them last Saturday and the other one I found yesterday. Same beach in roughly the same area.

picture.php

Any ideas?

Someone was bored I guess, Pretty cool though. To bad they were from a silver coin ...

Dont know whether they have a specific purpose or not but they are pretty cool!! Congrats on finding them!!

When I googled "crosses cut from pennies" I found a use for the penny, It's used as a token for some churches. Couldn't find anything about the cut-out cross though.

Some one may have been witnessing on the beach and dropped them. You can get the pennies with or without the scrap cutouts. I'm tempted to get a few, kinda cool.

I've found "2" of the pennies with the cross part cut out. Found a couple of smiley faces, too.

Very neat precision tool being used. Would like to know what they use to cut out those cool designs.

I found a nickel with the Ace250 last year with only the cross left in the nickel...the rest was missing...so the opposite of the penny cross pictured above. After it tumbled clean I finally seen it was a nickel. Maybe i can find it and post a picture of it.

What do they use to cut these with ? I would like to make some. I bet you
could make other designs too. cool. :cool::cool::cool:

Just a guess, a steel punch, like a hole punch used for punching holes in paper, but much more heavy duty, and cross shaped. Copper is much softer than steel so it just cuts right through.

I was given a penny with a heart cutout once... and promptly lost it. Some metal detectorist probably found it... :lol:

emdees

Back
Top Bottom