Do you rate the AT Max as a deep unit?

First off to everyone replying about air tests are different and machine won't go that deep etc etc, I already am fully aware of this.. my max is very deep in my soil here in Ohio.. cry about it all you want, that still doesn't make it go away.. is it the deepest you have used? Maybe not but your style of hunting is different than mine.. I doubt we drive the same trucks or use same fishing reels but for some reason if anyone brings up a positive post on a detector that you have used and swear it's a clunker then everyone must say it's a clunker. The f75 is a good detector and I've owned every model, but the tones give me migraines.. the etracs I had were great park detectors but to unbalanced for me and not so good in iron.. plus I'm 6'4" and it was too short even with tall man rods. So needless to say I use detectors based on what I like not what anyone else likes. I do not like things about the deus , but don't really care if you use it... I hope you are using the best detector in your dirt and conditions.. but don't question what works for me in my dirt or conditions... Couple of us use them here and we both agree crazy deep..

Ok Calabash did you watch Craig's video? That's not the comparison video I was talking about but it will do.. lol. His tests just like mine. So now am I still a liar? Just curious what your gonna say to prove that was in centimeters or something lol

I know of one machine that will get the same in ground depth as air test,,Minelab etrac.

Well you may think this based on your soil.

But your statement is false based on using Etrac in higher mineral soil.
Etrac will transition tonally to iron range quicker depth wise in higher mineral soil then signal will drop out.

Go and try to find a 9" deep dime using Etrac and stock coil at one of the fields in Cullpeper.
Plus Etrac doesn't even have a true AM, so your screwed.

The etracs I had and the XS esplorer I still have.
All attest a clad dime 12.25" stock coils all.
How many 12" deep dimes have I dug using all the aforementioned detectors in my area??
Absolutely none.
I have dug some 10" deep silver dimes- not many actually.

How many 12" deep dimes have you dug Woodbutcher in your sites using Etrac, or any fbs/fbs2 detector using stock coils?,

In my soil the etrac air tests better than it does in the ground. Horrible ground. But better than any other machine it keeps a consistent tone all the way to the outer fringe of detection. As well as the CTX. They either faintly squeak or if out of detection range they will start to null. That is indeed one of the biggest reasons why I love the FBS machines in my area with such horrible soil.

Ok, I guess this is not a etrac thread. Sorry Original Poster

Fun fun

This is very entertaining to hear all of these replies as to mines bigger, no mines bigger, no its not, mine is bigger :) .... I mean deeper. LOL

makes me laugh...

Thanks Gary from Oregon

These threads remind me of one of my favorite lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and look back at what I posted I said it hit it just fine, and the only thing I could come up with is it was because me and John used silver instead of clad.... but you say you used silver so I guess you guys machines were hotter than the ones we tried it on...???
Ok Calabash did you watch Craig's video? That's not the comparison video I was talking about but it will do.. lol. His tests just like mine. So now am I still a liar? Just curious what your gonna say to prove that was in centimeters or something lol

the first 2 minutes of this video will also show why I was questioning the dime. It was not a personal attack on you personally it was BECAUSE of my experiences in my test garden with the machine.

Depth of a detector is very conditional. So are hunting techniques. Take for instance the famous Hoover Boys. They use the Max with large third party coils and dig everything. Why? Because to them all holes matter and they are digging in fields. Go to a nice manicured yard or even a park and now every hole matters for a different reason. No hunting in all metal. No digging 14 inch holes. And to top it all off geographic location is a very important factor. This stuff isn't even worth arguing about. If you like your detector and think you can hunt with the big dogs around you that is all that matters.

I'm not arguing I'm just stating MY experiences with the detector in my test garden that's it and as we all know there are different variables that affect detectors.

Back
Top Bottom