• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Epic six Barber day!!

Congrats on another nice hunt Josh! Cant wait to see what else comes out of that spot! :yes::cheers:

WOW! Killer day! I'd be camped up there and have my mail forwarded :yes:

:laughing: and I agree! Batteries and bottled water, plus some protein bars. I wouldn't leave till I'd covered every inch in all directions!

Congrats OP!

Last edited:
First of all, amazing finds! What a great hunt. Most of us dream about hunts like this. Second, there MUST be some IHP's up there! So strange you didn't get any but the alternative was amazing. Keep us posted on your next trip up there.

Side note: We lived in AZ 1999 - 2008 (Mesa & Phoenix), before I ever started detecting. Would love to get out there and swing someday as I did spend a fair amount of time in the desert and ponderosa pines hiking, shooting, biking, etc. I stumbled across numerous old railway sites, mining operations and camps. Definitely some promising locations in AZ.

Your efforts were greatly rewarded Josh. Congrats on a stellar day of recovery's. The Barber six is unheard of, hope your return trips will yield even more rewards. Jack

Very very nice! I was happy to find five Barbers on the beach but yours are in great condition.
Congratulations on picking out the iron, it was masking all the goodies!

Congratulations on such an incredible find. I have been metal detecting off and on for 6 years and heavy the last 3 years and I have still yet to find my first Barber. Once again congrats!

Congrats on the silvers, they look very nice! Btw, which detector are you using?

I am using an AT pro with smaller 6x9 coil. It is a powerful detector for the money. I have one in the US and then leave one in Europe for detecting there. I can easily afford a CTX, but for the money Also light weight so easy to toss in a pack for hiking into area. I keep the small coil on for the iron infested relic areas. Larger coil I may have never found a coin at this spot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom