Equinox talk

basstrackerman

Elite Member
Good morning . I see alot of posts regarding the equinox behavior. For those that have counted out the equinox due to jumpy ID or chatty or whatever this is what I did.... My nox 600 that I started with was amazing.. quiet, great I'd, everything seemed to work like it should and I loved it.. well my 800 had came in so I sold the 600.. well that's when my deus became my daily machine due to some thing I hated about the nox 800.. I assumed it had a bug in software due to me knowing how awesome the 600 I had was.. so I waited..... Then an update came out so I immediately updated and took it out. I noticed pinpoint was almost perfect, modulation was alot better and it was quieter .. but ID's were not the same as dimes were iding as high as 39-40.. and some other things I knew wasn't right.. after continuing to use the Deus a and happy as can be I still was hoping for another update for my nox.... I finally just went back to old version and tested.. horrible and instantly remember why I upgraded to new version lol.. so went and updated again to the new version.. now it's like a completely new detector.. dimes ID is normal now great pinpoint, modulation, all ID's are really great.. but now I can run sensitivity at 25 with no noise!. I've only put 4-5 hours on it but I must say this is the way the nox should be working! No emi at all period.. I found a small shoe buckle a couple inches deeper than my f-pulse pinpointer with a solid id of 32-34.. very impressed with depth... So those that may have id issues or whatever try the update and he sure it went smooth..

I have had 2 the 600 and 800 both were rock solid id , pinpoint etc. I have seen posts where i know the machine is not functioning right and now i just tell them so. I think it is why we have seen a few for sale. I did the same thing when the mx sport was released , mine was a mess and i sold it as fast as i could thinking it was just a machine that was no good when all it really needed was to be fixed. There is a post right now where the nox is compared to another machine ID's in air test. I took one look and said that is not right send it in.

Good morning . I see alot of posts regarding the equinox behavior. For those that have counted out the equinox due to jumpy ID or chatty or whatever this is what I did.... My nox 600 that I started with was amazing.. quiet, great I'd, everything seemed to work like it should and I loved it.. well my 800 had came in so I sold the 600.. well that's when my deus became my daily machine due to some thing I hated about the nox 800.. I assumed it had a bug in software due to me knowing how awesome the 600 I had was.. so I waited..... Then an update came out so I immediately updated and took it out. I noticed pinpoint was almost perfect, modulation was alot better and it was quieter .. but ID's were not the same as dimes were iding as high as 39-40.. and some other things I knew wasn't right.. after continuing to use the Deus a and happy as can be I still was hoping for another update for my nox.... I finally just went back to old version and tested.. horrible and instantly remember why I upgraded to new version lol.. so went and updated again to the new version.. now it's like a completely new detector.. dimes ID is normal now great pinpoint, modulation, all ID's are really great.. but now I can run sensitivity at 25 with no noise!. I've only put 4-5 hours on it but I must say this is the way the nox should be working! No emi at all period.. I found a small shoe buckle a couple inches deeper than my f-pulse pinpointer with a solid id of 32-34.. very impressed with depth... So those that may have id issues or whatever try the update and he sure it went smooth..

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the first time you updated it didn't take? Did the update program say it was complete?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the first time you updated it didn't take? Did the update program say it was complete?

Yes I updated it when the new nox update came out. At first I was like sweet it's working but then noticed id's were off quite bad.. it had some emi issues also.. just wasn't stable id wise and made for alot of guess work. But I decided to go back to old version 1.5 I believe. It made it worse so I redid update to the 1.74 and now it's like a completely new detector.. it's like the ones I read about.. I can run 25 sensitivity anywhere so far. And at speed 8 can still easily pick up all of my 8+ inch coin garden coins. Very happy. And now that it's working so well it most likely will take over starting roll ...

I never ran mine with the old software. I got it right after labor day but wasn't able to go hunting. I only took it out of the box and turned it on to make sure it worked then put it on charge. I installed the update later. I have had the EQ out quite a few times now and really like it. It operates smooth, separates targets fast, and pinpoints just fine.
The only EMI i have encountered was at a tot-lot when a woman got her cellphone out and was talking. She was only about 15-20 ft away but it was enough to cause just a little chatter; not enough to adjust sensitivity though.
I have read some bad reviews on the update but like any detector, it only performs as good as you learn it. Kinda like hearing a dog owner say his/her dog is dumb. No, I haven't met any dumb dogs but I sure have met a lot of dumb owners.:yes:

Well it's not so much it's only as good as you learn it after update.... The update was actually faulty and most likely on my end with my laptop.. but now it's great..

I guess I should clarify here; I think a lot of Equinox owners need more time with this machine before they start to criticize the update, even more time before they criticize the detector itself. :yes: I am very happy with my Equinox 600 so far.
The Equinox is an extremely capable detector that yes, can be a turn-on-and-go detector which may be good enough for some but even at that leve,l there is still a decent-sized learning curve.
My only concern at this point is the battery/battery replacement. I like the rechargeable feature but I would also like the option to use regular AA alkaline batteries if I want.
I am glad to hear that yours is working great for you. Good luck and Happy Hunting :D

I've not updated yet...The thing seems to hunt, but how would I know if its any better unless I updated it and hit the same dirt on the same day?

Like a guy goes out in the morning, hits some targets, but leaves them right there and marks the spot...then runs home and updates, rushes right back and scans the same targets again?...I dont have a test garden evidently....I do have a heavy EMI place I could try it out on and set some targets into I suppose...

Maybe someday I will do this...

I have just recently switched from the ace 400 over to the Equinox 600. I do like the way it feels it seems much lighter and more balanced than what I had. I like where the screen is located seems to make it easier on my neck looking down at it with bifocals.:lol:

I have had it out for about 10 hours now and I am still getting used to settings and sounds. I did go back over a spot which I have had the Ace over top of and found a Indian head penny at 9 inches and lots of nails around it. The ace would have never found it that deep with all those nails.

Back
Top Bottom