Garrett Z-lynk system?

I talked with Garrett and they wanted the Serial number of the transmitter, so i gave them that, they are sending me a new transmitter.

I am not convinced thats going to solve the problem though, I will have to wait and see.

I almost want to go ahead and purchase the $35, 8 Ohm headphones and give them a try while waiting for the new transmitter to arrive.

I wonder if they know that certain serial numbers are defective or something?

:?:

I remember someone mentioning a couple issues with early production sets? I was noticing yesterday that I turned mine down a click a couple hours into my 10 hour hunt. I'm wondering in MY case if it's the speakers on the brand new Gray Ghosts taking some time to break in. I've had car speakers that are like that and the surrounds take a little time to soften up.

You've tried yours with a set of Ghosts as well, right? Were they new or an older set?

I remember someone mentioning a couple issues with early production sets? I was noticing yesterday that I turned mine down a click a couple hours into my 10 hour hunt. I'm wondering in MY case if it's the speakers on the brand new Gray Ghosts taking some time to break in. I've had car speakers that are like that and the surrounds take a little time to soften up.

You've tried yours with a set of Ghosts as well, right? Were they new or an older set?

I dont have Gray Ghosts, Ive got Rat phones, they sound great and are high quality, Very similar to Ghosts, but they are not made anymore :no:

I get the same exact volume level out of Rat phones, a set of whites headphones and some labtec headphones. I did adjust the volume on the Z lyink all the way up.

If the replacement unit does not fix the volume issue, I am either going to purchase 8 ohm

headphones to see if that resolves the problem, return the whole thing to kellyco,

assuming they will take it back, purchase the garrett wireless headphones and see if the

transmitter will pair with the wireless headphones, Or I might just take a hammer and

smash the the whole thing into pieces and never purchase another garrett product again.
:frustrated:

Garrett sent me out a new receiver and it does the same thing. (Low Volume)

I then talked to someone at Garrett and he told me that the Z-lynk system suffers from low

volume on Whites and Minelab machines that have tone ID.

So I sent back the new receiver to Garrett and the Z-lynk to Kellyco because it does not work with my machine.

Too bad that information is not in the sales brochure/advertising.

Garrett and Kellyco had good customer support... I have no problem purchasing from either of them again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom