The fastest $250 I ever made at the beach

MarkTwa8n

Last Monday, I got to Sunset Beach as quickly as I could. This is Japan, and obviously they don't celebrate the 4th here, but there are a lot of Americans here that do. I suspected the beach would become crowded after 10Am, so I wanted to hunt as much as I could before the crowds showed up. As it turned out, I wasn't the only one thinking this way.

When I turned on my machine and started my rows, A film crew showed up. They quickly unloaded their booms, cameras and other equipment. A few minutes later, a rather attractive assistant, holding a clipboard to her chest walked up to me and politely explained in Japanese that they were going to start filming and that I would have to leave for a few hours. I politely explained that I will try to stay out of their way, but this was the only time I had to hunt.

She walked away, still wearing her high-heels in the sand. A few minutes later, a very... very large Asian man walked over to me, he was wearing a very tight red shirt, which made his muscles bulge. The little assistant followed behind him. I am not sure if he was supposed to intimidate me or what, but again the assistant explained that they were about to start filming and I would need to get off the beach for a few hours. A little less polite this time, and Muscles loomed over me as she spoke. I've been beat up by better guys than this hulk, so I wasn't going to back down because of him. what was he going to do? Pick a fight in front of a growing crowed? Besides....I had my raptor scoop with me.

Again, I explained that I would try to stay out of their way, but I only had a few hours to hunt. I was looking for a friend's lost ring and that I would have to take off work to come back, and I couldn't afford to do that. I understood that they had a permit to film on the beach, but since it was a public beach I had just as much right to be here as they did. None of this was true, but I really resented being told that "I had to leave the beach"

She and muscles walked back to the crew, and a few minutes later another guy walked up to me. He was wearing a black cap and a jacket with the word Asst. Director printed on the back. It was much too hot to be wearing a jacket on the beach and he was sweating like crazy. He handed me 30,000 yen (around $350) and said please come back tomorrow. I was completely surprised by this. Usually I would expect to find $20 or $30 in Japanese clad and perhaps a silver ring or two, so I was coming out way ahead. Now I felt like I was being too much of a dick, so I compromised. I told him 20,000 yen was fair, so I took that and left the beach. As I was leaving I saw a bunch of marines heading towards the beach and wondered if the director had enough money to pay off all the Americans.
PicasaUp.jpg

That's one way to earn a days pay....but
Muscles could have been a problem for you.
Glad you held your ground and returned the
other 10,000 yen to the asst. director. A
win-win situation. Well done. Gold Nuggets :wave:

Man I would have kept ALL the money! But still nice to get something out of it! Congrats!

wow ya gotta love the outcome of that....what no pics of the cute assistant :lol:

I'd have kept all the money also. He probably throws that much around in a day every day... He'll probably only offer 10,000 yen to the next guy...

Congrats on taking the money you did the right thing, your raptor scoop would have bounced off him;)

Take it from Baby Jamie:shock:

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 343
Back
Top Bottom