A Panama City Beach LOST MY STUFF success story with pic...

robby4570

Elite Member
I think this counts as a Lost My Stuff success story, even though no report was filed on-line, Marcus did find a LMS volunteer on the beach - ME!

While out MD'ing along the beach at Pineapple Willy's today I was approached by Marcus and asked if I would please come look for his fiance's lost engagement ring - a white gold ring with a Marquis diamond. Well of course I said YES! On the walk there, it was about a mile to where it had been lost, we discussed the spot (Marcus had a pretty good idea of where it was lost) but Marcus sounded just a bit doubtful that we would find it since it was lost 2 days prior. But Like I said, he seemed to have a good idea where to look and as it turned out, he practically put me right on top of it! When we got to the spot, Marcus got me started searching and he went and got me an ICE COLD bottle of..... I bet you thought it was going to be a beer?... water! I started a grid search pattern and had only made about 15 lines when I got that sweet sound of GOLD. I gently scooped up the target and sure enough, there it was in the bottom of my scoop all sparkly and shiny. As an added bonus, I picked up $1.17 in clad in the 15 passes I made looking for the ring.

Marcus was about 50 feet away from me when I looked up and said, Uh, Marcus...I've got it, as nonchalantly as I could. I don't think he touched the sand 3 times in the 50 feet. It sure was a great feeling to find that ring and the look on Marcus's face would have been worth 12 hours of searching for the ring. Marcus called his fiance' immediately and promised her that she would be wearing her ring again (she had gone back home) Thursday night when he got home. She was ecstatic he said when he got off the phone.

So, Marcus got the ring back, we exchanged contact info and I made two great new friends. They come for bike week and we have made plans to get together for dinner while they are in town next.

Sorry about the pic, all I had was my cel phone, it really doesn't show the ring but it was a beauty of a ring.

Attachments

• LMS Ring 07052011.jpg
    LMS Ring 07052011.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 895
Back
Top Bottom