Grizzly digger review

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Well Santa brought me some new goodies this year so I thought I would share my thoughts about them.

Grizzly digger from Dirt Digger Tools:
http://www.dirtdiggertools.com/

If the Lesche Model 76 and Model 31 had a baby, this is what it would look like. The model 76 has the serrations for easy root cutting but has always been a pain trying to scoop dirt from the hole, the model 38 is great for scooping dirt from the hole but has no provision for cutting roots. This tool does both! I have put this thing through its paces this week and it has performed excellent. This thing is heavy duty with nice clean welds and is comfortable to use. It is well suited for rough terrain especially with this NY weather as the top 1" or so is frozen solid. I'm also recommend Buzz Wilsons Raptor style sheath for this tool as it fits it like a glove and is easy in and out of the sheath. Here is a pic of it between the 2 Lesche models.

Last edited:
Ok this is getting bad, it seems like I'm the only guy in the north too much of a wuss to get out and dig..

Choppa, cool info looks like you've done some good digging since Christmas already. I too got one of these diggers about 2-3 weeks ago but yet to stick it in the earth. So I can certainly vouch for the apparent durability and craftsmanship. Hopefully mine will get dirty soon. LOL

Thanks for the review

I checked their website and they have new "improved" models coming out in Feb. I like the design of them and will probably get one...I want to see what the improvements are first though.

Ok this is getting bad, it seems like I'm the only guy in the north too much of a wuss to get out and dig..

Choppa, cool info looks like you've done some good digging since Christmas already. I too got one of these diggers about 2-3 weeks ago but yet to stick it in the earth. So I can certainly vouch for the apparent durability and craftsmanship. Hopefully mine will get dirty soon. LOL

Thanks for the review

Yeah I fought with myself this morning but the lure of silver pushed me out the door LOL!

I checked their website and they have new "improved" models coming out in Feb. I like the design of them and will probably get one...I want to see what the improvements are first though.

Well if they are improvement on this one then it is going to be something awesome!

Well if they are improvement on this one then it is going to be something awesome!

Looks like their website is down. They were supposed to be coming out with new, improved models on 2/1 and I kept checking, but nothing new. Now their site won't come up. Wonder if they went out of business?

Looks like their website is down. They were supposed to be coming out with new, improved models on 2/1 and I kept checking, but nothing new. Now their site won't come up. Wonder if they went out of business?

probably just upgrading their site with the new data and pictures.

I am very interested in the new products as well and continued to check the website. I called the owner a few weeks ago and he said that he was locating another Steel supplier for the new models and was taking a bit longer. He did say they should have some ready by early March.

I am very interested in the new products as well and continued to check the website. I called the owner a few weeks ago and he said that he was locating another Steel supplier for the new models and was taking a bit longer. He did say they should have some ready by early March.

Thanks for the update. One of their products will likely be my next digger. Can't wait to see the new versions!

I'm hoping they update the website tomorrow with the new models. I need a new digger for the sensitive areas. My Lesche is tough scooping in the East Texas sandy soil.

I got a email back today.
Rian Anderson says they are still having issues with the steel company and at this point they are no longer building any tools.

Rian Anderson says they are still having issues with the steel company and at this point they are no longer building any tools.

That is too bad, these are really nice tools. I hate to see a person struggle when trying to produce an American Made product.
I am wondering if it may be related to the fact that China is trying to buy up the majority of any steel available. Even a dozen years ago when I was working in a machine shop we were told by our supplier that the grade of stainless we used was no longer available. When inquiring our procurement dept. were told that china was paying premium price for that steel and would buy all they could produce in the future.

That sucks bad- I was extremely excited to get it and was super impressed with it. I'm thinking it seriously would have detracted sales from other manufacturers.

Apparently the Ruskies and Lesche have conspired against them to obtain all the steel. LOL

Too, bad, hopefully they get a decent and reasonable supply soon and can be back in business.

Back
Top Bottom