• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

That Little Sucker Was Deep!

beephead

Elite Member
I went cruising today with my Omega version 6 and F75DST at a couple mid-fifties home sites. There were plenty of coins to found at one of the sites including a bunch of wheat pennies and 3 Rosie dimes. At the other site the coins were few and far between, but I did manage to find a silver 'what you call it' with the F75DST. I got a faint high tone audio response and the ID numbers were rolling around in the low to mid-eighties. I dug down and popped something silver out of the ground. I don't know what it is, but it's silver.

The weather was just perfect and the ground was buttery soft.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 357
Great finds, and I love the pictures of coins in the plugs! I like it when the ground is soft, makes digging so much easier!

Nice hunt there, beephead. :yes: Congrats on the Silver & Wheaties. :hi5:
Thanks! I'm taking the day off from detecting, I'm a little sore this morning.

Great finds, and I love the pictures of coins in the plugs! I like it when the ground is soft, makes digging so much easier!
Thanks! The ground was just right. Just enough moister to make it soft, but not enough to make it muddy. I'm always amazed how silver coins look so good coming right out of the ground after being buried there for decades.

beephead

Nice hunt beep.. what does the back of the 'what you call it' look like? You think it could be a pin or maybe an earring?

What is that thing? Some sort of pin? It looks nice...Great hunting and junkshot as always!:aok:
Thanks! I don't what the heck it is.

Nice hunt beep.. what does the back of the 'what you call it' look like? You think it could be a pin or maybe an earring?
Thanks! On the back, in the center, it looks like something was attached but came loose. I'm just amazed that it got down that deep in the ground. I knew that it was something good before I even dug it up.

beephead

Thanks! I don't what the heck it is.

Thanks! On the back, in the center, it looks like something was attached but came loose. I'm just amazed that it got down that deep in the ground. I knew that it was something good before I even dug it up.

beephead
Cool.. Nice old jewelry I bet

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Congrats on the wheats, rosie trifecta, and..........pendant?

Back
Top Bottom