The Space Coast, Florida

Orlando, but i make it to the beach a lot...

Hey S.S. Tupperware. Can you tell me some good beach spots to MD in my area? Is Cocoa Beach and south of that OK? I know the National Seashore (Playalinda Beach) are a no. But other than that I have now idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave in West Cocoa, Cocoa beach is pounded pretty good but there are still goodies to be found.

As tourist seasons starts up hit up Jetty park beach at the port(Ron John resort!)tho parking is $5 a day best to get a yearly pass(Jetty Park Phone 321-783-7111 for prices).

Other place to go are the Pier, the beach parks(Lori Wilson) exc., the beach area around Ron Johns and the bar areas as the drunks drop lots of stuff(lots of trash too).

Parks Map
http://www.brevardparks.com/visittheparks/maps/index.php

Dave in West Cocoa, Cocoa beach is pounded pretty good but there are still goodies to be found.

As tourist seasons starts up hit up Jetty park beach at the port(Ron John resort!)tho parking is $5 a day best to get a yearly pass(Jetty Park Phone 321-783-7111 for prices).

Other place to go are the Pier, the beach parks(Lori Wilson) exc., the beach area around Ron Johns and the bar areas as the drunks drop lots of stuff(lots of trash too).

Parks Map
http://www.brevardparks.com/visittheparks/maps/index.php

Hey Dave. Thanks for the tips and the link. We were at Patrick AFB the other Day visiting friends (my wife is retired military). I asked the security folks at the main gate about Mding on the Patrick beaches across from the base. They told me "go for it". I wasn't sure if those beaches were off limits. According to them it's under the same regulations as Cocoa.
All the Parks here in Titusville have "No Metal Detecting" signs posted at the entrance to the parks. Bummer.

Anyway, another question. I guess it's best to Md at the "Crack of Dawn" to beat the crowds and other MDing folks at the beach?

Thanks again,
Dave

Ya I saw the NO MD signs up there :mad:, there are a few fields that are the same way down here(cause of the 6ft gofers).

I generally get out early morn or late day as the heat gets to me, but also to skip the crowds.

The yearly pass to Jetty park is great as it's good fishing there too.

~~Happy Hunting~~

I went to Lori Wilson Park today, found lots of clad and a 1936 British George V One Penny
DSC_0003-2.jpg

Spent a couple hours in the water during low tide, but didnt find any gold.

The spring breakers are out in force.

Oh Man!! I was planing on hitting Lori Wilson this Wednesday. I hope you left something for me??? Did you hit the Volleyball spot, on your right when you come over the catwalk??? I bet it's picked clean now.

But,,, you never know whats been missed.

Dave

I really didnt spend much time on land today, there was very little free space. I think I hurt my neck looking at the scenery. I did hit the volleyball courts by the Hilton. Let me know how you do.

Last Tuesday I was at the Cocoa beach pier and there was a guy flat cleaned out the clad by the volley ball nets.

Hope you have better luck than I did! :D

RS 3-29 nut 2.jpg

Junk ear ring and a Jesus zipper pull. :)
RS 3-29 nut 1.jpg

~~Happy Hunting~~

That's funny, I found a 1900 British one penny here in a Broward park this month.

Cocoa Beach is also very sanded in. I go there all the time because it is so close. I always see at least 2 other detectors while I am there but the beach is huge.

I used to live at Satellite Beach right next to Patrick Air Force Base. The beaches especialy around there and all the way to Satellite Beach have 3 types of reefs which keep a lot of people from them except in some isolated areas. You can see them at low tides. A lot of suburban neighbor hoods are all over those areas. I would check a lot of old ball fields, basket ball lots and playgrounds which would be good sites. Good Luck.

Titusville

Hello! I’m looking at moving to this area, Titusville. Are the beaches legal to detect? What about parks? Is parking free on the beach? Can you ride a bike and lock it to a tree or elsewhere for free?
Thank you so much for your help. Donna

Back
Top Bottom