Nox 800 coil cover issues

It's done ! I did exactly that. Filled up the cover with 2 part epoxy , oozing all out. Then after the coil was all snapped firmly in place , I brushed all the edges for a more cleaner finish. Looks like a factory job ! Had to work very fast as this all set up in like 5 minutes. Works great , no longer have to worry about constantly taking off the cover to clean it. Thanks !

I love mine, no stopping in the middle of the hunt and checking it...plus the excal coils are famous for splitting or separating if they get banged a lot, or even tightening up the coil bolt.

You did Great with the 5 minute epoxy, that's some fast drying stuff!:thumbsup:

I should have mentioned I used 24 hours cure epoxy..would have been easier on you..

Attachments

• OBN0020.jpg
    OBN0020.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180804_180638.jpg
    20180804_180638.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180804_180626.jpg
    20180804_180626.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 99
I love mine, no stopping in the middle of the hunt and checking it...plus the excal coils are famous for splitting or separating if they get banged a lot, or even tightening up the coil bolt.

You did Great with the 5 minute epoxy, that's some fast drying stuff!:thumbsup:

I should have mentioned I used 24 hours cure epoxy..would have been easier on you..
My coil looks a little cleaner but as long as it's sealed good , looks don't matter. Yeah.. I've worked with 5 minute epoxy often. Not easy. You gotta mind map it a few times before you give it a go !

I’m not crazy about those epoxies just because they run a bit more than marine does. Sorry.....but I’ll never permanently epoxy that cover. I wear them in no time. So I just use marine epoxy on them and occasionally clean um.

sand always gets in between the coil covers even dirt hunting epoxy is the best way to go like OBN mentioned i also put epoxy on the bottom of my coil cover because im a sand scaper they wear out fast and they arent cheap to replace

Back
Top Bottom