******Information only******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that they would try, until they realize that the force they face, combined with the inevitable attrition they'd suffer, with active duty troops coming to the aid and side of the population, would be much larger than anything they could possibly handle. It would be a losing battle for the government. Ultimately, I think the situation would give a much needed reset to this country, returning it to a proper republic. Though the cost in life and limb will likely be very great.

It's pretty doubtful we are going to have another civil war anytime soon. What we need is to clean house, vote out most of those career politicians in Washington, and at the state level as well. They've all gotten too cozy, comfortable, and friendly, to do the job objectively. Most are more concerned with keeping their chair, rather than doing their job. None of them should be there, because it pays so well. They should be there to make a positive impact, do things that will lead to a higher position.

Seriously though, how many people actually use an assault weapon for anything more than target practice? I don't read to many stories in the news where people used them for home protection, it's usually a pistol, one or two shots. Do people take them out deer hunting these days? Does Bambi really need a 25 round clip to take down? I can see hunting to feed your family, not just for sport and a trophy.

Lots of people hate our government, but what sort of government would they want to replace it with? Don't think any government will ever be perfect, but think ours is still the best one on the planet. We have a few problems, nothing that can't be fixed, just need to get people out to vote smart.

It's pretty doubtful we are going to have another civil war anytime soon. What we need is to clean house, vote out most of those career politicians in Washington, and at the state level as well. They've all gotten too cozy, comfortable, and friendly, to do the job objectively. Most are more concerned with keeping their chair, rather than doing their job. None of them should be there, because it pays so well. They should be there to make a positive impact, do things that will lead to a higher position.

Seriously though, how many people actually use an assault weapon for anything more than target practice? I don't read to many stories in the news where people used them for home protection, it's usually a pistol, one or two shots. Do people take them out deer hunting these days? Does Bambi really need a 25 round clip to take down? I can see hunting to feed your family, not just for sport and a trophy.

Lots of people hate our government, but what sort of government would they want to replace it with? Don't think any government will ever be perfect, but think ours is still the best one on the planet. We have a few problems, nothing that can't be fixed, just need to get people out to vote smart.
1) You're right. We aren't going to have a Civil War. It will be more of a Revolution.

2) You are too hung up on contrived terminology. The rifles the colonists had were more accurate at longer range than the British smoothbore muskets....so would you consider them to be "assault rifles"?

farmer.gif

3) The government that we want is the one we started out with. One that believed in limited centralized power and individual freedom. We want the government as it was outlined by The Constitution, not what it has become through the efforts of corrupt politicians and judges legislating from the bench. One that truly is "of, by, and for The People".

It is not uncommon for semi auto rifles, even the small caliber ones like traditional .223 ARs, to be used hunting pigs and coyotes.
And by the way, neither ARs nor AKs use clips. They use magazines.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We need to return to a representative government. The House and Senate need to be unpaid positions, which the reps, go to D.C., work the session, but have to return home to their job to make a living. It was never intended to be a career.

"Assault Weapon" is a made up fictional term, used to incite fear in the uninformed. Assault rifles are always select fire fully automatic weapons, which since the government has, the population should have easy access to as well. As a disabled vet, I cant always pack around a big heavy hunting rifle, so I use a modern variant, which is light and easy to handle. I always eat everything I hunt for, some dont...Aint freedom grand?

A republic, for the people and by the people. Money needs to be returned to the gold standard, and fiat currency done away with. We have an very, very good document that our government should follow, it's the Constitution. If our government turned back to the small methods lined out in that document, life would get a lot better in this country. Unfortunately, voting doesn't do a lot of good when all of the corporate backed candidates, regardless of party, stand for the same thing while just wearing a different mask.

I imagine that they would try, until they realize that the force they face, combined with the inevitable attrition they'd suffer, with active duty troops coming to the aid and side of the population, would be much larger than anything they could possibly handle. It would be a losing battle for the government. Ultimately, I think the situation would give a much needed reset to this country, returning it to a proper republic. Though the cost in life and limb will likely be very great.

You are thinking too narrowly. TPTB are not stupid, they will bring in foreign military to put down a rebellion--foreign military who will have no qualms about killing Americans. Remember England's use of Hessian troops during the American Revolution.

In regards to veterans--Kansas is now offering veterans the ability to have their veteran status put on their drivers license! Now, I'm sure that will appeal to the vanity of some veterans, but why would TPTB offer this, if not to be able to quickly and easily identify veterans? I imagine that after the program has been in place for awhile, self-identifying as a veteran may become mandatory. In view of the MIAC report, can you think of any reasons that LE would want to identify a veteran?

Absolutely. I have entertained that scenario as well. I'm just speaking in broad generalizations for the spirit of this conversation.

Yes, I am fully aware of the GOV trying to make sure they make vets a target for easy identification. Not every vet has combat training, but there are enough of us that do to concern them. I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic... So let them bring in foreign troops who have no qualms about killing US citizens. Many of us will respond in kind, and are trained and prepared to do so.

You are thinking too narrowly. TPTB are not stupid, they will bring in foreign military to put down a rebellion--foreign military who will have no qualms about killing Americans.
I've been prepping for that scenario for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom