Shovel holster / how do you carry your shovel?

XiBowhunter

How do you carry your shovel?

I’ve got a Whites Ground Hawg, and I’m trying to figure out an easy and reliable way to carry it while detecting.

So do you have a holster for your shovel, or what do you do to have your shovel at the ready?

I put one of these on each of my Lesche shovels and like them.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=265075

+1

Excellent accessory that fits on most any shovel. Works far better and is sturdier than the plastic holster I was using previously.

While actively detecting, I generally just rest the shovel on my shoulder, but walking to/from the car, it’s nice to be able to just hook the shovel to my belt and have my one hand free and not have the shovel blade beating against my leg/calf/shins!

Here’s another thread that reviews the same hip clip that Rattlehead makes:

Review: Rattlehead’s Hip-Clip

The above mentioned clip and the ball loops are pretty cool.

I made a copy of the PVC holster in this DIY video and it's great. I've been using it for about a year. No complaints, very happy. Used a 4" double female slip fit pvc coupling from the hardware store. couldn't find any straight pipe that diameter like the guy in the video used. I sanded the internal stop/rib off after cutting and heating/opening the coupling.

https://youtu.be/tSX-6jRmb8w

I bought one

However i tend to swing with the left- carry the shovel sorta up my right arm to ware only the head is exposed , it's sorta like a protection thing also, if you carry it on a holster by you leg, if you fall , you might have a shovel sticking in your leg or hip, that being said, easier just to carry it by the neck,Earl

I made my own holder and I probably have about fifty cents in it. I have used it for several years without any problems. It works well with either my 18" or 31" Sampson's but could be adjusted for other shovels. I carry them with the handle down so they don't swing while you are walking.
H1.jpg
18 S.jpg

shovel at the ready..carried by the handle on left side as I swing with the right...going to hike in...throw it in my pack...I have a lil digger...so its short handled.

Back
Top Bottom