National Metal Detecting Day - Atlantic City, NJ The Results

As I get older I realize that living a good clean life and doing things the right way will bring you more than you can ever imagine. Although...
I do have my moments. :laughing: I guess I said no because I wanted a clean start. I am sure the people who were asked to seed were seeding pennies and not any big tokens...I hope... PI congrats on your promotion!

As I get older I realize that living a good clean life and doing things the right way will bring you more than you can ever imagine. Although...
I do have my moments. :laughing: I guess I said no because I wanted a clean start. I am sure the people who were asked to seed were seeding pennies and not any big tokens...I hope... PI congrats on your promotion!

No promo at all. :lol: It did feel good for a minute. :lol: This thread has come a long way....Just wanna get it back on the topic.

Ok, i have seen some questions about seeders and prizes....:?:

The seeders nor those entered in each days events had any idea what the tokens were. The tokens were put out by the huntmaster. He, I and Minelab were the only ones to know what the tokens for the big prizes were.

The rule of not hunting your own seeded area is so coins are evenly distrubited. without questions such as have been raised.

This is also the reason the huntmaster puts out 100% of the tokens. From the smallest giveaway to the largest, as well as some normal targets to keep people honest.

Hope this resolves this question that someone seeding could ever be dishonest.....
Joe DeMarco

Ok, i have seen some questions about seeders and prizes....:?:

The seeders nor those entered in each days events had any idea what the tokens were. The tokens were put out by the huntmaster. He, I and Minelab were the only ones to know what the tokens for the big prizes were.

The rule of not hunting your own seeded area is so coins are evenly distrubited. without questions such as have been raised.

This is also the reason the huntmaster puts out 100% of the tokens. From the smallest giveaway to the largest, as well as some normal targets to keep people honest.

Hope this resolves this question that someone seeding could ever be dishonest.....
Joe DeMarco

Thanks Joe for coming on and clearing this up. I am sure like myself....others will be looking forward to next year hunt. You guys did a great job!

Terry is one of best detectorist in the world, i knew him several years ago:yes:
He have been posting the great replies in all forums:yes: Thank you Terry for help the begginers and the master of detection:)

Terry is one of best detectorist in the world, i knew him several years ago:yes:
He have been posting the great replies in all forums:yes: Thank you Terry for help the begginers and the master of detection:)

He is rather new to beach hunting. If you pay him to go to the desert he better be good or offer a refund. Some fishing charters offer that gamble. The ones who won't really aren't that good a guide around these parts:lol:

I have one suggestion regarding this. The way we handle it, which takes awhile after the hunt to distribute of course, is use numbered tokens all the same for all prizes for burying. We then have the master list of prizes made up and have numbered metal discs which correspond to the numbered tokens which we draw, one by one, going down the list. If your number is called, you come get the prize, and on to the next one.

It completely removes the "he knew where the good / high end token was" element of a hunt, even if not true, since they aren't preassigned. Just a suggestion. Kind of like how the Minelab tokens drew from envelopes, but think an even bigger scale. Any token can then win any prize. All luck of the draw.

I had a good time in AC. I got to meet some good people. I seeded 1 hunt on Saturday. As Joe said we did not have any prize coins/tokens. Seeders did not have any better chance then anyone else. I know the one time I seeded there was people all ready setting up before I was done. So what is not to say they had an advantage watching where everything was. I had to finish seeding and then walk back off the beach and get my machine then walk back and try and squeeze in line somewhere. If a seeder won a machine he/she got lucky just like the other 9 people who won one. I know I did not win as much as some people but I know its just right place at the right time. I saw them looking for help and wanted to help them out. That's why I helped them.

Back
Top Bottom