There’s Gold in Them Fields!!

Wow! Awesome finds AT! Congrats on the vintage gold!
I really like the holed IHP too!

Excellent write up. Excellent hunt and post, as always. That ring is awesome.

Thanks Ron, thanks SW! It’s my favorite ring find so far - for the age, condition, and design. The fact that it’s gold is just an awesome bonus! I wish that ring could talk - I’d love to know who made it, owned it, how it was lost. The holed Indian might be my favorite IHP so far, also, just because I know there’s a story behind that one, too!

Job well done Ben on some well earned recoveries. The Ring is of a neat design, simple but eloquent. Congrats on the Gold, the Indian, the Wheat along with all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I really like the design too...a nice example of how less can be more - simple design elements expertly combined to create an understated elegance :cool3:

Holy smokes!:shock: Congrats on an outstanding hunt! The ring looks super vintage and is gorgeous.

Thanks Waveoff! I really like the ring too - one of my personal best finds, for sure!

That is one awesome hunt! The ring is just drop dead gorgeous, and let me tell you it is worth a pretty penny, (check them out on Etsy) not in gold value but as a vintage Victorian gold wedding band. Way to go !!!!!

Thanks aviationgale! Definitely my favorite ring find to date, and not just for the gold! The design is wonderful, the condition is nearly perfect, and the age suggests a fascinating history!

On your advice, I took a peek on Etsy and other Google search pages - I was amazed to see some pretty high price tags on Victorian gold bands. No doubt it’s one of my most valuable finds - a true centerpiece for my finds collection!

Wow, you've been doing great in that field. Lovely ring.

Thanks waltr - it’s been my favorite permission for the last year and a half or so, and that ring just made it even better!

No, its a Black swallowtail.
Compare to monarch here.
http://www.gardenswithwings.com/identify-caterpillars.html

You da man, waltr. Thanks for posting the link to the butterfly caterpillars for comparison.

Yep, thanks for providing the link with the comparison and confirming my ID, waltr!

Congrats on the nice finds and gold ring. Awesome.

Thanks HD! I appreciate you looking!

Score!! You're getting to be an old salt at finding gold rings now! In open fields, no less! That one is really nicely designed, with the faceting, scrollwork, and intermittent beading. Never seen one like it. So cool, I almost forgot to mention how awesome the holed IH is! Lesson: "never quit early".

Thanks Foragist! I know - before I know it, I’ll just be able to walk out into random farm fields and gold rings should start levitating out of the ground for me :laughing: Yes, I really like how the faceting, scrollwork, and beading all build on each other to make a unique, beautiful design while remaining simple and subdued.

And thanks sending a little love toward the holed IHP - could have been the star of any hunt that doesn’t include a gold ring!

Ben congrats on another fine hunt, I love the holed IHP and the gold ring is really nice as well. I have yet to dig a gold ring with my 800. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark! I really wonder about that holed IHP - it’s fun speculating about possible stories behind why someone went through the trouble. Was it the year they moved to town? Child born? First cent earned in a new business? Just trying to keep from losing it?? Flat out boredom?? I’ll never know, but I love thinking about it!

Really nice old gold ring!! Aren't you glad you decided to stay a few more minutes? I've done that many times:lol:

Great looking ring and coin my man....I suspect you may have noticed that I also found a gold ring my last time out...........

Really nice old gold ring!! Aren't you glad you decided to stay a few more minutes? I've done that many times:lol:

It’s funny how often going “just a few minutes more” seems to pay off! One of these days it’s going to get me in trouble though...Wifey will be tapping her foot too long at home, wondering why I’m not done with some other errand that I was really supposed to be doing :lol:

Great looking ring and coin my man....I suspect you may have noticed that I also found a gold ring my last time out...........

Thanks teotw! Yep, your “a deal is a deal” ring - I did notice that, although I didn’t realize that was your most recent hunt. Sounds like your summer has gotten as busy as mine - hunts have been hard to come by the last couple weeks. Anyways, since we’re clearly going to continue mirroring each other’s finds, it’s nice to see we’re starting to do it with the valuable stuff, too! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom