• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Military Plates

Found this very recently in a cellar hole near my home.

Attachments

• P3243614_cropped.jpg
    P3243614_cropped.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • P3243612_cropped.jpg
    P3243612_cropped.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 995
Nice job on the box plates, keex. I'm sure there's some more plates in that camp waiting for you!!

Cougar, that is a gorgeous breast plate! And the initials on the back are too cool.

I think the best plate-carving I have seen was a local who found one at a home site that was used as a Confederate field hospital. It was a Union breast plate that had obviously been captured by a Confederate. You could tell, because the soldier had carved a crudely drawn Confederate flag on the back!

Here are a few more...

They sure are fun to find!!
Enjoy!
Robert

Attachments

• abcdefghijkl.jpg
    abcdefghijkl.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 926
CS Plate Fresh Dug..

Dug in SC.

Attachments

• img048.jpg
    img048.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 808
  • img047.jpg
    img047.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 795
That's what I'm talking about. Great plates everyone. I'm about due to find another one soon, lol. I'm hoping I can pull out a Maryland, Louisiana, or CS plate where I'm currently hunting. I think I'll faint if I find any of those. :)

Sny

I dug this SNY (State of New York) in the camp of the 100th New York near Charleston SC.

Attachments

• img293.jpg
    img293.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 875
Box 'O Buckles and Plates

I dug all of these in the Charleston SC area.
C'mon boys and girls, post 'em up!
Robert Bohrn

Attachments

• img219.jpg
    img219.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 787
Hey bb_in_maine , Maine Cartridge Box Plate from the..

As a Mainer, I am simply blown away by this plate.... WOW. :wow:

Here you go Mainer...from the camp of the 9Th Maine Volunteer Infantry who participated in the Battle of Battery Wagner, portrayed in the Academy Award winning movie "GLORY."
I dug this on December 24, 1991. That was a hell of a day!
Robert Bohrn

Attachments

• img120.jpg
    img120.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 743
Fort Moultrie Dug South Carolina Officer's Sword Belt Buckle

I dug this SC Officers buckle on the parade ground of Fort Moultrie National Monument back in 1976.
I was asked by Park personnel to detect the parade ground of the fort before it was covered by crushed oyster shells
I dug a TON of artifacts, some of which are still on display there even to this day.
It was truly an honor to dig there!
Robert Bohrn

Attachments

• img345.jpg
    img345.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 738
Here's a Few of Mine

Here's a variety a plates that include a couple of Revolutionary War Figure-8 Cross Plates/Buckles, a US Carbine Sling Buckle, a CS Frame Buckle, a US Sword Belt Plate, several US Breast Plates, several US Oval Buckles, a couple US Box Plates, a Virginia Style Plain Oval Breast Plate and a Rev War Cross Plate.

I've been so busy at work I have not been able to hunt much this year. It kind of makes me sad but looking at everyone's finds makes me happy.

I need to dig.....help!

Attachments

• IMG-20120419-00082.jpg
    IMG-20120419-00082.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 749
My plates

These are my two from Mass

Attachments

• cleaned+plate[1].jpg
    cleaned+plate[1].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 670
  • US.JPG
    US.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 743
Thanks a lot guys, now I wish I had flood insurance from all the drool I just let loose reading this! :laughing: Wish I could dig one.

Back
Top Bottom