Houston, TX

aperdue

I am a total newbie and have no idea what I am doing.....but I am good company :laughing: I just got my AT Pro of the magic brown truck and would love to find someone around here that has a little experience that would be willing to show me the ropes and let me do some detectin with em

Unfortunately I don't live close, but did want to welcome you to the forum.

When I lived there (in North West Houston) I was told the H was silent and it was pronounced UMBLE. Surely there must be a few others nearby, good luck.

Be sure to read your manual, watch your video. Did you get a good pinpointer and digger?

Look into "test gardens" and practice in the back yard if you can. You'll be ready in no time.

HDD

When I lived there (in North West Houston) I was told the H was silent and it was pronounced UMBLE. Surely there must be a few others nearby, good luck.

Be sure to read your manual, watch your video. Did you get a good pinpointer and digger?

Look into "test gardens" and practice in the back yard if you can. You'll be ready in no time.

HDD

Yep, absolutely pronounced "umble" . Dont have a pinpointer or digger yet, spent all my money on the AT Pro. Will pick up a Harbor freight one until I find enough clad to buy a carrot, lol. Will also rig up a diy digger until I dig up enough clad for a better one. I'm going to make this hobby pay for itself, haha

Dollar General and Dollar Tree have very cheap garden digging shovels, just not very strong to dig deep. I broke 3 in my first month but they were only like $3 each and in that month I dug enough clad with them to buy a real digger. This hobby can definitely pay for itself if you stay at it!

Happy Hunting from Dallas!

Yep, absolutely pronounced "umble" . Dont have a pinpointer or digger yet, spent all my money on the AT Pro. Will pick up a Harbor freight one until I find enough clad to buy a carrot, lol. Will also rig up a diy digger until I dig up enough clad for a better one. I'm going to make this hobby pay for itself, haha

In some parts of the country and around the world, there are folks that MD for a living and do fairly well at it. Here in NE Indiana where I am now, I'm lucky to find enough clad to pay for my batteries...:roll:

When I started MD'n in Southern California, I was doing very well with clad. I made close to 80.00 in a 3 month period one time when I was laid off and hunting on a daily basis.

HDD

In some parts of the country and around the world, there are folks that MD for a living and do fairly well at it. Here in NE Indiana where I am now, I'm lucky to find enough clad to pay for my batteries...:roll:

When I started MD'n in Southern California, I was doing very well with clad. I made close to 80.00 in a 3 month period one time when I was laid off and hunting on a daily basis.

HDD

That is nuts that people can do it for a living. Just a hobby for me. I love my job fightin fire. Wouldnt want to do anything else. Shoot, I'll just be excited to pull scrap out of the ground for a little while.

That is nuts that people can do it for a living. Just a hobby for me. I love my job fightin fire. Wouldnt want to do anything else. Shoot, I'll just be excited to pull scrap out of the ground for a little while.

I had to smile to myself at your last line. I was so amazed when I first figured out the settings for my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV....I was finding nails and bottle caps "hidden" in the back yard. My son thought I was nuts because I made such a big deal of finding all this metal trash in the yard.

HDD

Welcome to FMDF aperdue - lots of great finds have been made with the ATP & one fantastic machine and should not take you long to learn how to set it up. Bury yourself some clad - silver - some old jewelry - aluminum slaw & pull tab at various depths for a test garden, then ground balance and practice with different settings. Wish you many finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Back
Top Bottom