Now I know what a Civil War Token is!!

Congrats on the token!

FYI they sound just like pennies on every machine I've used.

It had me a bit confused...was hitting steadily 81 in and out of the hole on my fisher. Indian heads and wheats usually are in the 70s. Thought it was a foreign coin.

Great finds and the backstory to them!

In my part of Michigan I find Charles Cheese tokens...He was a famous Civil War General from Wisconsin who made notable mention at the Battle of Fondue Ridge...They were known as the 'Screamin' Curds'! In the heat of battle, they came pouring up out of the trenches in a huge molten mass! General Cheese leading the charge! "Put the forks to em boys!" he famously yelled......:laughing:

Besides finding the tokens from this reknown regiment, I even found a breast plate once! It seems they bivouackt in wood chip totters around here...I am willing to sell my whole collection if anybody is interested...

Attachments

• rat king.jpg
    rat king.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35
Great finds and the backstory to them!

In my part of Michigan I find Charles Cheese tokens...He was a famous Civil War General from Wisconsin who made notable mention at the Battle of Fondue Ridge...They were known as the 'Screamin' Curds'! In the heat of battle, they came pouring up out of the trenches in a huge molten mass! General Cheese leading the charge! "Put the forks to em boys!" he famously yelled......:laughing:

Besides finding the tokens from this reknown regiment, I even found a breast plate once! It seems they bivouackt in wood chip totters around here...I am willing to sell my whole collection if anybody is interested...

Ahh yes, General Cheese... sadly his monument in my hometown was torn down just this year by peta sympathizers.... still a bitter subject around here. Thanks for bringing it up. I quit.

Back
Top Bottom