Old Gold Signet Ring

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I spent 2 1/2 hours working a 4X4 foot area where I have been sifting the sand and finding all these brass shell casings. Persistance paid off and I got my first gold from this spot in the lake. Can anyone tell me what "letter" is on the face of the ring? I was in waist deep water and just dug one target after another in this small area. I got 49 shells and two more of those brass straight pins, can't believe the size of them, I stuck them through my hat to get them home.:yes:

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 972
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,070
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,045
Nice ring Jim Bob, your persistence paid off!! Must be a "M", as that is the general consensus!:D

Nice ring Jim... signet rings are one of my favorite rings to find..

NICE! That area should keep you busy most of the season. Amazing how much stuff you pulled out of such a small area.

Awesome find on the ring and wow thats alot of cassings. The leter is a "M" in old english and it will alway look different depending on how you write it. But you can tell by how the wavy part starts out and how its finished. It will terminate at a 45deg from the right. Like this
oldenglis.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for all the replies and I think I will go with the "M" on the letter. I never did lke old English, too hard to read. :) :)

I say its W because look at the first line in the pic it looks like a backwords F just like the W on the old english letters...

Back
Top Bottom