A little more luck at the low and slow honey hole

DiggerMD

Elite Member
Another first for me E074C211-AD1C-4F06-A735-43A75DEA394D.jpg

WELL done....amazed at your finds. hh

Liberty head V copper/ nickel 5 cents?
1883 ---- 1913 ( last date 6 known)

Last edited:
20,428,735 minted in 1897, though never found one myself lot out there?

That’s quite high for a mintage number and there are likely many around. The thing is,not everyone hunts in that range especially in parks and schools because they’re not silver and they are in the junk range. So to actually find one would be unique,just because of those factors.
I love finding stuff like that,it’s just not an everyday thing.

Nice, what is it?
1897 V nickel. A first for me my next investment will be either a better detector or better camera. Sorry for the clarity.
WELL done....amazed at your finds. hh
Thanks Tabby. I've just been lucky with the permission that I can take time to learn and try again.

Liberty head V copper/ nickel 5 cents?
1883 ---- 1913 ( last date 6 known)
Mines not anything special date wise, but it's extremely special to me.

Very nice find, congrats !!! ......looks in fairly good condition considering the age !
It's pretty smooth but I can still see the details.
Looks like 1897 V nickel...that’s a find right there! If IT is there,it has friends...:grin:
I found my first IHP 5' away so the new philosophy of low and slow has shown me what I've been missing.
20,428,735 minted in 1897, though never found one myself lot out there?

That’s quite high for a mintage number and there are likely many around. The thing is,not everyone hunts in that range especially in parks and schools because they’re not silver and they are in the junk range. So to actually find one would be unique,just because of those factors.

Funny thing is, I was running high discrimination, on the BH, I actually went back over the plug and area quite a few times because it didn't make sense that I found a nickel running high tones.
I love finding stuff like that,it’s just not an everyday thing.

Back
Top Bottom