• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 more silvers from a pounded park!

detectorben

Elite Member
Found these 2 silvers today along with some wheats. I was using the 6inch coil on the Nox and found them both right next to the sidewalk. This park has been hunted ALOT. We have hunted it several times with stock coils. But some areas are so trashy only the 6 inch coil really cuts through to the coins. These are silvers 3 and 4 FTY. Thanks for looking! HH!

1f7edc7b037f2c90b0eceb3a19bf9334.jpg
05359b43ea2515c7f701c0a5096c74e7.jpg
65dcbf3b2301596d8f8216e6ebf12487.jpg
c7f13ba40e71ae9e9b3330e32fe68b09.jpg
67a7dbfd19804dafa6e9a5bf8f11c385.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

You get extra atteboy points for getting them from a worked-out park. I love the in-situ shots, and the emerald green patina on that wheatie too !

That 6” looks like it might be a good investment! Congrats!
The 6" coil is definitely a must have. If it were just a little bigger I would probably never take it off. Thanks!
Next to side walks can be a real pain because of the rebar in the sidewalks. Sounds like you got an edge on that though.
These sidewalks are pretty old so no rebar which definitely helps. But it was pretty much solid trash along them.
You get extra atteboy points for getting them from a worked-out park. I love the in-situ shots, and the emerald green patina on that wheatie too !
Thanks Tom!!

I wish the vanquish and equinox coils were interchangable, i do not think they have a 6 inch coil for the vanquish.

Nice work. I've heard a lot of Nox users say they really like using that 6" coil and I can see why.

I wish the vanquish and equinox coils were interchangable, i do not think they have a 6 inch coil for the vanquish.
Yeah that would be nice. I would like a mid sized coil for equinox as well.
Nice hunting and photos .
Thanks!!
Nice recoveries and a great hunt!!
Thanks Dan!!
Nice work. I've heard a lot of Nox users say they really like using that 6" coil and I can see why.
Yeah it is a must have for trashy parks imo.
Congrats on what only the Equinox can find[emoji106][emoji16]
Haha yep! Thanks!
Great recoveries!!
Thanks!!
Congrats on the silver! I'm glad someone is having good luck with the 6" coil . I don't care for it at all.
Thanks! It is a great option for really trashy areas. I wouldn't give up on it if you have some very trashy areas that have produced with bigger coils I am sure the 6" could sniff out some more good targets. I hit this sidewalk with stock coil last year and it completely missed these 2 dimes.
Dang nice hunting! Like the barber, Merc and wheats!
Thanks!!

Ben congrats on the Merc and Barber 2/3rd trifecta. Almost, ha ha.:D Any multiple silver hunt these days make for a great hunt and you seem to be doing quite well in that dept. I see alot of members are clicking with the Equinox finding deep silver. I got mine early in 18 and for me so far my deep squeaks and the like all seem to be rusty iron of some sort. My problem is, 1 I'm technologically challenged, 2 hardheaded and 3 I can't walk away, I have to see what the signal is. Just once it would be nice to see silver in the bottom of a 10 or 12 inch hole. So far, my deepest silver (1900 Barber quarter last year ) has been 7 1/2 maybe 8 in. deep. In an old park known for tough ground but still able to dig 12 in. rusty iron in the same dirt. Oh well, not complaining, (well maybe) just thinking out loud. As far as the 6in. coil, it seems people love them or hate them. Me I find it forces you to slow down and although less ground covered it does equal more targets found. I only have 2 silver this year, both with the 6in. A 6x8 or 5x 10 would be nice but I think one of those will come with the new upgraded Equinox,whatever and whenever that may be., Probably as an added feature to entice sales. be Enjoy you videos Good luck, Mark.

Ben congrats on the Merc and Barber 2/3rd trifecta. Almost, ha ha.:D Any multiple silver hunt these days make for a great hunt and you seem to be doing quite well in that dept. I see alot of members are clicking with the Equinox finding deep silver. I got mine early in 18 and for me so far my deep squeaks and the like all seem to be rusty iron of some sort. My problem is, 1 I'm technologically challenged, 2 hardheaded and 3 I can't walk away, I have to see what the signal is. Just once it would be nice to see silver in the bottom of a 10 or 12 inch hole. So far, my deepest silver (1900 Barber quarter last year ) has been 7 1/2 maybe 8 in. deep. In an old park known for tough ground but still able to dig 12 in. rusty iron in the same dirt. Oh well, not complaining, (well maybe) just thinking out loud. As far as the 6in. coil, it seems people love them or hate them. Me I find it forces you to slow down and although less ground covered it does equal more targets found. I only have 2 silver this year, both with the 6in. A 6x8 or 5x 10 would be nice but I think one of those will come with the new upgraded Equinox,whatever and whenever that may be., Probably as an added feature to entice sales. be Enjoy you videos Good luck, Mark.

I hear ya mark. The deep iffys can be tricky. I have developed a pretty good sense for what is likely a deep coin vs iron falsing. Don't get me wrong I still get tricked a lot as well. I am hoping to dive a little deeper into this topic this year on my channel. I hope to film a little more often to try and catch some of the deep iffy targets on live dig so that I can give a little more insight into what I am looking for on those types of targets.

I think many who don't like the 6 inch coil have not been lucky enough to find a shallow silver in a high trash area that they have pounded with larger coil. It only took one shallow silver quarter in an area of my local park that I had hit with at pro, etrac, and equinox standard coils and I was sold. The signal was clear as day and only 2 inches deep. There was no reason for me to miss that with all those machines other than it bring masked by trash. I have found more like that since then. These 2 dimes were perfect examples. I actually almost walked away from the barber as it was impossible to even pin point with the 6 inch coil due to trash. And I couldn't find it once I started digging. But I came back to it and tried again and finally located it. This sidewalk I specifically walked along last summer from end to end with standard coil swinging same direction as this hunt. And I did not find either dime. And I know I'm not the only one to hunt this sidewalk. So I am confident that the 6 inch coil will find coins in high trash areas that all larger coils will miss.

Thanks for watching Mark! Good luck to you as well!

Back
Top Bottom