Rain brings nickels and a ring

ZR2guy

Elite Member
We had 3 days of off and on rain so it felt great to get out for a couple of hours.
I went to an elementary school that is close to my house which I have hunted for years. With the soil being fairly saturated, I ran the Equinox in Park 1, 5 tone, sensitivity at 18, and sweep speed at 2.
I dug 6 quarters, 4 dimes, 3 Lincolns , and 7 nickels today with a couple of the nickels at 6”-7” deep. The Equinox hits nickels really good, in my soil anyway. I was going along when a solid 19 came up on the display no matter what direction I swung over it. Well, to my pleasant surprise, about 4”-5” down, out came a ring. Always fun to find them and this is my sixth one from this schoolyard. It’s nothing fancy, just looks different from other typical rings I have found there. It was just nice to get out today since the cold stuff will be here soon.

Attachments

• DC5C9A5C-BA6D-4FFD-99D4-500BABCF7E27.jpg
    DC5C9A5C-BA6D-4FFD-99D4-500BABCF7E27.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 0172A824-F0C5-42EC-BC48-6A8CDD392686.jpg
    0172A824-F0C5-42EC-BC48-6A8CDD392686.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 421
Is that silver? Dolphins are an easy sell market no matter what it is.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I don’t believe it’s silver. No hallmark, just says EDCO inside the band.

I don’t believe it’s silver. No hallmark, just says EDCO inside the band.

Interesting, i found the same exact ring without diamond and it is silver. Congrats on a successful hunt, jewelry is always fun to find.

Interesting, i found the same exact ring without diamond and it is silver. Congrats on a successful hunt, jewelry is always fun to find.
Thanks. Finding any type of jewelry makes me feel like a little boy at Christmas.:yes:

Sweet! I've been thinking about that sweep speed setting in Park 1 or 2...I've noticed I've been having to slow down sweep speed and hover the coil over the trash a bit...but it works...so Hey! Nice finds!

Sweet! I've been thinking about that sweep speed setting in Park 1 or 2...I've noticed I've been having to slow down sweep speed and hover the coil over the trash a bit...but it works...so Hey! Nice finds!

With sensitivity dialed back and a sweep speed of 2, and as you say, hovering the coil over the trash, the Equinox does an excellent job of pulling out the good stuff.
BTW , My mouth sprung a big leak and told my wife about your 100+ quarters hunt and she looked right at me and said “ why can’t you find that many?” By now, I should know better:roll:

Nice dolphin ring! :cool:

BTW I love ZR2's. I have a 2000 I drove off the lot brand new in August of 1999.
When she finally cannot be repaired anymore I will go out west and find rust free one and rebuild it from there!

Jessica-2017RS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom