Garrett 250 or 350 in Colorado?

Little44

I am new to the hobby and I am looking to buy my first detector. I plan to do some coin hunting and maybe some minor relic hunting. From what I have been told and what I have read on line, I have decided on going with either the Garrett Ace 250 or 350. I live in Colorado, known for it's mineralized soils, and will probably do most of my hunting in the area. I have heard great things about the Ace 250 as a first machine, but from what I am reading on the Garrett site, the 350's Double D coil will give greater accuracy in mineralized soils. I believe it's the coil that's the primary difference between the two models. So do I drop the extra $50 or so to get the 350 or will the 250 fit my needs?

Thanks!

The DD coil and a few other teaks will get a little more depth on the 350, but to really handle heavy mineralization, a manual ground balance unit would work better.
A few dealers here might have an Xterra 305 used for about $300...Used Vaqueros come up in the classifieds from time to time.

However, decatur digger has mineralized soil too, and he says the 350 works for him.

Back
Top Bottom