Fisher F80 - new model?

BobL

I've heard a rumor that there may be a new Fisher F80 coming out very soon to coincide with their 80th year - actually 2011 will be 80 years in business for them.

But these things are often released ahead of time just like new cars and so I wondered if anyone here had any further info about this.

The story I heard was that the F75 limited edition was a result of the work they were doing on a newer model. (So I guess that means that any F80 model would have a faster processor etc..)

I was thinking of buying an F75 but now I'm thinking that it makes much more sense to wait a little longer and see.

Wouldn't surprise me..

The engineers at FT are definitely on their game when it comes to advancing the state of the art in detectors.

There will be a new Teknetics machine out this year which is not a rumor as it was recently announced on the new Teknetics website. However, 'rumor' has it it will be a major advance in detector tech.

Tom

The engineers at FT are definitely on their game when it comes to advancing the state of the art in detectors.

There will be a new Teknetics machine out this year which is not a rumor as it was recently announced on the new Teknetics website. However, 'rumor' has it it will be a major advance in detector tech.

Tom

Looked for that but couldn't see it - which model are you referring to?

New Tek

Looked for that but couldn't see it - which model are you referring to?

Bob,

Sorry, "Announced" was a poor choice of words. It was mentioned in passing in the News section.

http://www.tekneticst2.com/news.htm

Update: The release of a new Teknetics was just confirmed by Mike Scott Director of Sales. Look for it soon.

Tom

Last edited:
F80

Ya i have herd the same,well if they don't come out with it,i will be looking for the 2nd generation MINELAB ETRAC ,not a problem,time,and money is on my hands :D

Of course I just bought an F75 haha, well I still would have went with the f75 since it was a great deal and far below what a new machine would have cost. The main thing I would like to see is a dual freq. machine like the old CZ's for salt beaches. More depth would be nice though the F75 is pretty impressive as it is. The F75 display is simple compared to some of the Whites and Minelab machines, I kind of like the simplicity but I would be interested to see them make a V3i style display.

Well if the f80 is a chatter box like the f75 not much improvement. If fisher still stay with the same technology you will allways get same results. I 've owned f75 with all the upgrades and the E-trac out perfroms it hands down.
Depth wise I think there the same, but if you can't here the target cause all the ground chatter and 'EMI'' power lines RR locamotives cell phones local microwave towers just name a few. Where in the last 7 months swing the E-trac none of that ''EMI'' problems has came up but my silver dime count has came up real nice.

Back
Top Bottom