Coins on edge and stacks/rolls

TabZilla

Forum Supporter
With all the talk of on edge silver issues in the EQX threads it got me to bench testing a few things with my different machines. Tesoros, IDX, ExplorerII, and Makro MultiKruzer.

Pretty interesting seeing the various responses of machines when testing stacks and rolls of coins. From copper pennies to silver coins the detectors often have trouble properly IDing coins when stacked. It's definitely not unique to the EQX.

Not that you are likely to find a roll or stack in the wild but interesting never the less. It will definitely make you rethink what a "coin spill" may sound like.

Not that you are likely to find a roll or stack in the wild but interesting never the less. It will definitely make you rethink what a "coin spill" may sound like.

Funny you should mention it, I just dug my first stack last night - 3 clad quarters in a perfect stack on top of a zincoln. My Eurotek Pro read it properly as a quarter (89-90 VDI), but my pinpointer knew it was something bigger.

Funny you should mention it, I just dug my first stack last night - 3 clad quarters in a perfect stack on top of a zincoln. My Eurotek Pro read it properly as a quarter (89-90 VDI), but my pinpointer knew it was something bigger.

Try it with a roll of quarters on their side. Eye opener!:yes:

I dug these coins just the other day, they were 6+ inches and they were all on edge, i have had pennies that sounded better but it was a good target id 25 and jumpy up to 30. You got to dig pennies with the nox, had lots of good stuff come out on less than perfect signal. But i often find out why when I dig, like a rusty nail or stacked coins or other trash nearby. I have dug plenty of stacked clad and coin spills and id will be all over the place, but coins just sound better.

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_25612.jpg
    IMG_20180616_25612.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20180616_57588.jpg
    IMG_20180616_57588.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom