It has been literally years since KT posted in here!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Yesterday KT got a call from His Pastor. Lost his wedding band and thought he knew about where it was. So His Majesty checked out His Royal Detectors and changed out the batteries in them and the Magic Hand Wand. Well, to His Majesty's disgust, the Tesoro Compadre fails to work. A blip tone when turned on but no long tone as per normal, and no signal when any metal is placed near the disk. Pooh!

Anyway, the other two detectors worked fine (BH Tracker IV and ATPro), so loaded in the Royal Chariot and today headed into Little Rock to the Pastor's home. Turns out he thought he lost the ring when he took off some work gloves at the edge of the neighbor's yard. So we started off there with the ATPro set on iron discrim. KT needed to know what reading he might be looking for, took off the Royal Wedding Band and laid it on the grass....getting a reading in upper 40s to lower 50s. OK. Then things got CRAZY! Yard was full of trash! Signals bouncing all around from 5 to 90 with almost every swing. Dug a couple of pieces of trash but never got a solid hit in the right range...besides this ring was lost within the past couple of days and should be on the surface...thick grass in the yard. Then KT ran back over the same location with the BH Tracker IV. It only hits less than about 3 inch deep targets, and the same yard was almost silent, and no strong signals anywhere! So the junk was deep, probably pregrass and pre turf building materials, anyway, nada.

KT was disgusted and because it had been over 4 years since He actively md, He began to doubt his Royal Ability to even find anything. So when He left the location, He drove to a local park where He used to frequently MD at a specific totlot. Took His Majesty 25 minutes to cover that totlot and the pictures show the results...$1.27 in change, a costume aluminum ring, and a token. So KT regained His Royal Confidence and now feels better about not finding the Pastor's ring. Certain that the coil never got over it, and as he said, I am just guessing where I lost it.

Anyway, it felt good to be out MDing again, but KT remembers now why He quit...darned knees and lower back really acted up so much that whenever He would get down to recover a coin, it was a real effort to get back up!!

At least KT has one hunt to report so far this year. The last time KT had hunted this totlot was in 2012, so the kiddies have not been dropping much in it since then...HA HA

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• Gary Hogan park 10 10 18 coinage 1.27.jpg
    Gary Hogan park 10 10 18 coinage 1.27.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 376
  • Gary Hogan park 10 10 18 costume ring token.JPG
    Gary Hogan park 10 10 18 costume ring token.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 329
Royal compliments upon thy prosperous hunt, your highness! Albeit, I shall henceforth be in prayer that the minister's ring be soon recovered. :yes:

Lower the sensitivity on the ATPro, and give it another go. His ring may have a different ID than yours, but should still be a good surface signal...unless he didn't lose it there. Also, maybe scan his gloves.
Congrats on the successful totlot hunt!

Do u narrate your entire life in third person as fantasy character? All I can picture is u trying to be intimate with your "queen" while in character and her asking herself why she married you.

And as Paul Harvey used to say....

Now, the rest of the story. KT's Pastor, after His Majesty's unsuccessful yard hunting efforts, told his wife, and she said, Well, if he did not find it in the yard, it must be in the house! KT had told His Royal Pastor about when He lost the Royal Wedding band once while sleeping on the sofa...fell asleep watching a Monday night football game...not banished by the Queen. Anyway, after a diligent search KT had resigned himself to the loss. The old couch was given to the Queen's brother, and later when he decided to buy a new one, he discovered the ring within the recesses of the couch. KT got it back as a Christmas present a year later! HA HA

This story KT told to his Pastor. And today, KT was told that with his wife's comment and the Royal Story, he decided to make a more diligent search through the house...and he found it wedged between the seat cushion and the back of his recliner. He had not set in the recliner but remembered moving some magazines and newspapers that were in the recliner....that must have been when it fell off! So, SoilSurgeon, The Royal Crown is off to you as the closest to the actual prediction of where it was! Although, he did not intentionally place it there!

So, there is a Happy Ending to this story, after all!! :laughing::laughing:

:wow:
Now, the rest of the story. KT's Pastor, after His Majesty's unsuccessful yard hunting efforts, told his wife, and she said, Well, if he did not find it in the yard, it must be in the house! KT had told His Royal Pastor about when He lost the Royal Wedding band once while sleeping on the sofa...fell asleep watching a Monday night football game...not banished by the Queen. Anyway, after a diligent search KT had resigned himself to the loss. The old couch was given to the Queen's brother, and later when he decided to buy a new one, he discovered the ring within the recesses of the couch. KT got it back as a Christmas present a year later! HA HA

This story KT told to his Pastor. And today, KT was told that with his wife's comment and the Royal Story, he decided to make a more diligent search through the house...and he found it wedged between the seat cushion and the back of his recliner. He had not set in the recliner but remembered moving some magazines and newspapers that were in the recliner....that must have been when it fell off! So, SoilSurgeon, The Royal Crown is off to you as the closest to the actual prediction of where it was! Although, he did not intentionally place it there!

So, there is a Happy Ending to this story, after all!! :laughing::laughing:

Does that Qualify as a CRH (Couch/Recliner Hunt) for you then :?:

Congrats KT all around !!

Haha great story KT! Glad to see you got out, your knees are probably not as glad. I know you have lots of MDing ahead even if you don’t think so. Sometimes you gotta scratch that itch. If you ever want to get rid of that magical compadre let me know. Loved reading all your Tot lot stories over the years with it.

Haha great post. Glad to see you on this side of the forum. I suppose your too busy cleaning house CRHing. Been two years since I’ve done that I think this year I’ll give it another go!

Do u narrate your entire life in third person as fantasy character? All I can picture is u trying to be intimate with your "queen" while in character and her asking herself why she married you.

I wondered the same thing. I've always said that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you, but in this case I'll say, just because you talk in the third person, doesn't mean that you aren't crazy. I think you should get some help. ;) Maybe you can talk yourself into going to a psychiatrist.

Back
Top Bottom