Only in the philippines

Amazing what a little carpeting, paneling, and furniture can do, tree or no tree :laughing::laughing::laughing:
phil_tree_house_decor.jpg

I am glad to see you got MudPuppy in their..
I think everyone is having fun with these pictures.

KEN :D

P.S.

I always wanted to go detecting with MudPuppy :laughing:

Last edited:
David had mentioned to me about the "Jeepneys" they use for transportation in the Philippines, so you guessed it, yet another photo edit :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Jeepney_overloaded1a.jpg

You sure got that right. That is how they look. You should try to get a ride to the market. It only cost 8 Peso to go to the market. That is 16 cents. Mornings and afternoon is very hard to get on one. They are full of school kids and people coming home from the market. During the day it is OK, but it is hotter than a firecracker in side. I always get stuck by some old, smelly fat lady. Than they want to squish as close as they can. I like it better if I get by a pretty girl. They can get as close as they want too.
That is life in the Philippines...:laughing: :laughing:

mass transportation Philippines style

David had mentioned to me about the "Jeepneys" they use for transportation in the Philippines, so you guessed it, yet another photo edit :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 406804[/QUOTE I have rode so many of those death traps it is not funny, one trip i was hanging partway out the back shooting a old style VCR Camcorder with the wife hanging on my belt to be sure i didn't fall out. We have also rented them for the whole day to take the whole extended family to a nice beach or the Chocolate Hills , or a boat ride down the river. They can be lots of fun but you wouldn't want to depend on them every day to get to work in the big city.

Cheep transportation

You sure got that right. That is how they look. You should try to get a ride to the market. It only cost 8 Peso to go to the market. That is 16 cents. Mornings and afternoon is very hard to get on one. They are full of school kids and people coming home from the market. During the day it is OK, but it is hotter than a firecracker in side. I always get stuck by some old, smelly fat lady. Than they want to squish as close as they can. I like it better if I get by a pretty girl. They can get as close as they want too.
That is life in the Philippines...:laughing: :laughing:

The government over there is trying to get a lot of the older polluting Jeepneys off the street , requiring that the get new modern ones or clean burning engines in the ones they have. The cost of doing this is will be out of reach for the average operator with out government loans. This is needed in Manila since the pollution is so bad there, but will probably take years and lots of money to happen. The old Jeepnies will most likely end up in rural areas or some of the smaller islands i don't see them disappearing in my life time they are a staple of life over there.

As a long time wooden boat appreciator and builder...I have been immensely intrigued with the SE Asia 'stinger' drives and various hull designs..The prop on a long stick? Similar to what we call 'GoDevils' 'StumpJumpers' 'MudBuddies' 'Beavertails?'

The hulls though, simply gorgeous! I especially like the little decked in rectangular looking working river rigs with the canopy? Powered by a Stinger motor or stern sculled with a long supple yulow oar? I really need to build one someday...very out of the ordinary around here....Get me some pics of the construction if you can...thats all I need to take it from there...

Not a lot out there on the interwebs showing the building process or the overall construction parameters...gotta be simple I figure, but still...

boats

As a long time wooden boat appreciator and builder...I have been immensely intrigued with the SE Asia 'stinger' drives and various hull designs..The prop on a long stick? Similar to what we call 'GoDevils' 'StumpJumpers' 'MudBuddies' 'Beavertails?'

The hulls though, simply gorgeous! I especially like the little decked in rectangular looking working river rigs with the canopy? Powered by a Stinger motor or stern sculled with a long supple yulow oar? I really need to build one someday...very out of the ordinary around here....Get me some pics of the construction if you can...thats all I need to take it from there...

Not a lot out there on the interwebs showing the building process or the overall construction parameters...gotta be simple I figure, but still...
See if this site has the pictures you are looking for, it has a search bar so you can type in Philippines boats.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/392516923760210950/

Every time we cash a $100.00 bill over there ,you get a wad of cash at 50 to 1 ratio so it feel like monopoly money.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I spotted then goons right off the bat. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I see you got my wife and I camping. She plays that game a lot. I will never understand it. It is all Chinese mumbo jumbo.

Good catch Ken, wasn't sure if anyone noticed that :lol:

(the only Chinese game I ever remembered playing was Chinese checkers :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom