Starting off 2018 CRHing......

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Early last year KT had a couple of weekly hunts of boxes that obviously contained someone's massive NIFC dump...these ran over 7 boxes! KT could not afford on a weekly basis to take every NIFC that was there, so His Majesty devised a new strategy for them. Complete a roll of each per year. And that was done except for 2016 and 2017 (He did get over a 1/2 roll of each). So starting out this year, KT decided to do the same thing. As KT ripped each of this week's 5 boxes, He saw many many NIFCs as enders, and sure enough, there were massive numbers of NIFCs...KT pulled all of them and used only the very best to build his Royal Rolls. KT thinks these may be some of the NIFCs that KT rejected last year. Nearly all were between 2002 and 2009, but there was a single 2010 and also 1 2012.

Anyway, all 5 boxes contained large quantities of NIFCs. In Box 1 there was a Proof and in Box 2 also a single Proof. In Box 5 there was 1 very weak mint strike...a 2000. All three of these coins are in pic 1 below.

Then there is a pic of the completed rolls and the final pic shows the incomplete rolls. 2004 has 19 of the 20 coins needed to fill the roll.

So that was the hunt this week....no silver but lots of coins to start off the King's New Year. Best of CRHing and MDing to all, and as always, there is always next week for some silver! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• CRH 01 06 2018 2 Proofs 1 weak mint strike.jpg
    CRH 01 06 2018 2 Proofs 1 weak mint strike.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 221
  • CRH 01 06 2018 Complete rolls of NIFCs by year.jpg
    CRH 01 06 2018 Complete rolls of NIFCs by year.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 195
  • CRH 01 06 2018 Incomplete rolls of NIFCs by year.jpg
    CRH 01 06 2018 Incomplete rolls of NIFCs by year.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 195
Congrats, KingTotsalot on the scores from your first boxes of the New Year! :D It sure didn't take long to fill some of your "Royal Rolls" this year. :laughing:

Also, I was wondering, have you ever turned down silver you have found in rolls? :?:

Congrats, KingTotsalot on the scores from your first boxes of the New Year! :D It sure didn't take long to fill some of your "Royal Rolls" this year. :laughing:

Also, I was wondering, have you ever turned down silver you have found in rolls? :?:

Wolf-Dog....to answer your question...NO! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Silver is silver! If you were MDing and came across a smashed silver ring, you would still take it...right?? Most of the silver halves KT collects have only silver melt value, not collector's value, because they are not truly rare dates.

KT has recovered a worn slick Walker with no readable date and thickness only half of normal half and still kept it. Check out my second post this year to see a Walker that looks like it went through WWII and it was kept also!

Congrats on the finds. Nice accumulation. I should get released from the hospital today. I hope to have a message, from my bank, on the answering machine stating that my halves finally made it in. I also ordered 1 box for my brother , this will be his first halves hunt. Best of luck in your 2018 hunts

Congrats on the finds. Nice accumulation. I should get released from the hospital today. I hope to have a message, from my bank, on the answering machine stating that my halves finally made it in. I also ordered 1 box for my brother , this will be his first halves hunt. Best of luck in your 2018 hunts

KT wishes your brother some Royal Luck on his first halves CRH....if he makes some good finds, you may create a monster! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT wishes your brother some Royal Luck on his first halves CRH....if he makes some good finds, you may create a monster! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Probably will... he's been going through some pennies and nickels like crazy... lol

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I stopped by the bank to dump some clad today. On a whim, I asked if they had any rolls of halves. They said they had 6 rolls. I took them all. My search was unsuccessful. All of them were from '71 to 2000. I was feeling lucky too! Oh well, I only searched 120 coins. Nowhere near the 5000 KT looks through a week! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom