What is this? - ID wantad

asmoyg

Does anyone know what this thing could be? I believe it has something to do with the military. The diameter is 30 cm (about 1 foot). WW2 related?

2e407fd3467878e002a6217763c2f0ab.jpg

3e7ba0fc36a133d1d7d6c6dfcb34f89f.jpg

b87333cf60a8f32021f077667b384da7.jpg

Anti-tank mine, the top pressure plate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Looks like a casting. Maybe a foot or pad for some type of heavy equipment stabilizing outrigger?

Roger

I'm going with the phonograph platter suggestion - from the wind up, outside horn era. A lot of different companies made them (not just Victor) and some of those early platters were cast iron - maybe later ones, too. Later on they went to pressed metal in the wind up Victrola (internal horn) era. The spindle coming up from the motor fit in the hole in the middle.

I'll stick with the early 1900s wind-up phono platter. None of the field wire spool ends were cast iron (which this appears to be), all seemed to have a larger center hole than the found one, and all had at least one extra hole toward the outer edge that the wire ran through.

I'll stick with the early 1900s wind-up phono platter. None of the field wire spool ends were cast iron (which this appears to be), all seemed to have a larger center hole than the found one, and all had at least one extra hole toward the outer edge that the wire ran through.

This thing is very obviously stamped sheet steel, not cast iron. I have no input on the size or placement of the holes.

Looks to me like the top cover to a carburetor that holds the air filter in with a wing nut on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom