Minelab explorer 2.. NEL sharpshooter or 6X8 SEF?

I used to run 6x8 sef on my explorer. Very rarely used anything else. Run the same coil on my MXT All Pro. Rarely use anything else.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Brad, I haven't tried a smaller coil on my Ex II yet, just been exploring:lol: the depth and separation capabilities of the Pro coil on schoolyard and park silver for the last 5-6 weeks...I asked Bueller and he thinks 7-8" with the smaller coil when used on a II. What kind of situation are you wanting to hunt with one?

Brad, I haven't tried a smaller coil on my Ex II yet, just been exploring:lol: the depth and separation capabilities of the Pro coil on schoolyard and park silver for the last 5-6 weeks...I asked Bueller and he thinks 7-8" with the smaller coil when used on a II. What kind of situation are you wanting to hunt with one?

i just need a smaller coil for irony sites...im hopin a smaller coil will help alot cuz the machine is pretty much useless at the one homesite ive actually hit so far with it....the threshold disapeared and pretty much didnt return no matter how slow i went....
untill of course i got 15-20 ft from foundation...and the nails thinned out some

I've had both those coils and preferred The ss..I know a lot of people rave about the sef but I don't think they tried the ss..Ss has way better separation imo and nel just makes a quality coil.Id say A good solid 7 to 8 inches at higher sens is the norm with a sharpshooter.
And nothing against sef 6x8 but they false and chirp too much at higher sens.Nel coils don't,and the 5x10 sef don't,just that 6x8 sef..Drove me nuts ,all those false chirps,waste too much time investigating.
Now,I had the explorer se pro,and I have never owned a e2...but I would think the e2 would be just as good,probably better in the depth department than the explorer se..I've had a few of those se pros and something just ain't right with that machine,I got better performance out of the safari.I think if I ever get another explorer it'll be what you have,the e2.

Simple, buy both :lol:

I can't vouch for the SS, but I may find out soon -
I love the 6x8 in trashy old parks, it really digs the IH's!

i just need a smaller coil for irony sites...im hopin a smaller coil will help alot cuz the machine is pretty much useless at the one homesite ive actually hit so far with it....the threshold disapeared and pretty much didnt return no matter how slow i went....
untill of course i got 15-20 ft from foundation...and the nails thinned out some

Are you running in Ferrous?

Back
Top Bottom