About the Equinox 600 & 800

Handle ergonomic fix

I had an issue with the grip on day 1! My hand kept sliding up to the control head base and I wasn't happy. That said, I had some foam pipe insulation with an I.D. of the grip. I cut about a 1.25" wide piece of it and put it around the grip, at the base of the control head. I then put some 3M electrical tape around it (not tight, as not to compress the foam). Smaller hand? Just cut a little wider piece of foam.....It works wonders!

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 264
I dont understand all the complaints about ergonomics of equinox. It is the easiest detector to swing and use I have ever used. I can swing it all day with no wrist soreness or fatigue.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everyone is different, I can swing my M6 and MXT all day and feel no arm fatigue, Just holding the Nox for a few minutes starts to hurt my arm.
On my last hunt I kept stopping and placing the coil on the ground because My arm was hurting so bad. :(
I am going to try readjusting the rod, coil, arm cup, maybe add something to the grip and drink a protein shake and eat a powerbar before I hunt.... :laughing:

Everyone is different, I can swing my M6 and MXT all day and feel no arm fatigue, Just holding the Nox for a few minutes starts to hurt my arm.
On my last hunt I kept stopping and placing the coil on the ground because My arm was hurting so bad. :(
I am going to try readjusting the rod, coil, arm cup, maybe add something to the grip and drink a protein shake and eat a powerbar before I hunt.... :laughing:

I had exactly the same problem... if you shorten up the shaft and work closer to your feet, the problem will go away. That is ALL you will need to do IMHO.

First I tried thr foam and tape idea. Did'nt like it. Then shortned the shaft and can go no problem. I do switch hands but I did that with my Vaquero.

First I tried thr foam and tape idea. Did'nt like it. Then shortned the shaft and can go no problem. I do switch hands but I did that with my Vaquero.

I may shorten the shaft on mine. I was just concerned with the possibility of the metal eyelets on my boots effecting my detector. I like the longer shaft for getting under low limbs or bushes, but I may run it shorter and see how it goes. HH!

I had an issue with the grip on day 1! My hand kept sliding up to the control head base and I wasn't happy. That said, I had some foam pipe insulation with an I.D. of the grip. I cut about a 1.25" wide piece of it and put it around the grip, at the base of the control head. I then put some 3M electrical tape around it (not tight, as not to compress the foam). Smaller hand? Just cut a little wider piece of foam.....It works wonders!

I had the same issue for the first Month or so.. the control box used to dig into my Index finger.. Shortening the shaft seemed to Fix this for me.. either that or I built up a callous

I had exactly the same problem... if you shorten up the shaft and work closer to your feet, the problem will go away. That is ALL you will need to do IMHO.

+1 made all the difference in the world !

I may shorten the shaft on mine. I was just concerned with the possibility of the metal eyelets on my boots effecting my detector. I like the longer shaft for getting under low limbs or bushes, but I may run it shorter and see how it goes. HH!

I would try it.. what do you have to lose..

Shorten the shaft.

I shortened the shaft and moved the arm cup, seems to feel better just standing but have not had it out yet because Its raining (Again) here in So.Cal.

Stupid rain.......:foottap:

I shortened the shaft and moved the arm cup, seems to feel better just standing but have not had it out yet because Its raining (Again) here in So.Cal.

Stupid rain.......:foottap:

We've got below zero windchill and bunches of deep frost... wanna swap? :heybud:

I have two things on my Equinox I don’t like. It only weighs 2 1/2 lbs but all the weight is in the coil making it feel much heavier, no balance. The other is the ears on the coil are much too thin, and will break. Over fighting the bolt trying to stop the coil from flopping around will stress the ears. The washers tend to flatten out causing you to tighten the bolts. The Etrac, ctx3030 and the NOX all share this problem. I love the NOX, I own two and they work on the beach.

Back
Top Bottom