1804 drapped bust half cent

Amazing find! My only large US copper is an 1807 Draped Bust Hal Cent. No largie, yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ilive in CT so the ground has been frozen but the last few days have been warmer so i went to this hay field i have permission to detect today was windy and cold 33 been bored sitting in the house so took a short ride to check the field i could get shovel in the ground somewhat so i gave it a try and pulled this beauty out of a area i have found colonial coppers in, just last year with my e-trac didnt detect long this all i dug worth showing ( THIS IS FOR YOU TOM IN-CA :laughing:)NO i didnt borrow it either :p H.H. guys found it with my nox 800 24 VDI reading if anyone was curious
Very nice find.

Nice..looks like a plain 4 stemless wreath..in excellent condition for restoration.. my guess is about vg-8 to F12 details grade environmentally damaged if properly restored..cuz now you have to do something or it will deteriorate.. consider professional restoration and grading..it just makes the cut..but it makes it.. congratulations

Last edited:
My phone died last night before I could make corrections .. double posted.. I didn't think my first writing got entered..nice coin!

Last edited:
Seems when I find one of those, they look like they’ve been in the ground for 200 years. Anyone else? Lost last week or two ! Congrats a lot.

What a cool and hard coin to find

I’m truly envious and thankful at the same time my mailbox is waiting for its arrival so I can repost it later !!!!😂

A fantastic find Mark. Congrats on a beautiful hard to find Half Cent. When I get to be 215 years old I hope I can be in that condition. But I doubt it. Trapper

Congrats Bronco, those are scarce. I have found only one, 1808. Yours is in much better shape than mine though.

What a beauty! Cleaned up nice too....congrats!
yes it did thanks very much

Very nice find!
thank you

PPoooorrr Little east coast guy. Who has *only* found 2 half cents out of over 100 coppers. My heart just bleeds for you guys :tissue:
:laughing::laughing:

Awesome. Don't think I'll ever see one in Kansas.
thanks very much this would be my 1 st
So cool [emoji41]!thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice and very hard to find!!!
yes thank you

Freakin sweet coin!!!!
i was very happy to see that for sure

Congratulations what a rare find, would love to pop one of them.
thanks alot this spot has also given me a rare 1788 CT copper

Awesome find Congratulations!
thanks very much

Amazing find! My only large US copper is an 1807 Draped Bust Hal Cent. No largie, yet.thanks appreciate the comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice dig man, she's got alot of meat left on her too! Congrats!
thanks jeff appreciate it we need to get together when ground thaws call or text me

I am going to find out which Park Tom hunts, fly out and seed it with coppers.ill go with you i have some coppers to add :lol:

Sorry, good job OP!. I am not that far away from you and have been enjoying the slightly warmer weather too
yes but now gonna freeze again i guess for at least a few days

Very nice find.
thanks very much

Wow! Great find. Congrats!
ty sir :D

Wow!!! She’s in incredible condition too!! yes pretty much a 1 wiper Congrats!!

Nice..looks like a plain 4 stemless wreath..in excellent condition for restoration.. my guess is about vg-8 to F12 details grade environmentally damaged if properly restored..cuz now you have to do something or it will deteriorate.. consider professional restoration and grading..it just makes the cut..but it makes it.. congratulations
i havent done really anything to it and dont plan on cleaning anymore i put a small amount of renassiace wax on it ,and put in a coin sleevefor now any suggestions where to send it ?how rare is this coin?

My phone died last night before I could make corrections .. double posted.. I didn't think my first writing got entered..nice coin!
thanks very much is this worth anything ?curious is all

Seems when I find one of those, they look like they’ve been in the ground for 200 years. Anyone else? Lost last week or two ! Congrats a lot.
yes most of my coppers come out in horrible condition too this is my 1st drapped bust with really good detail

Wow, sweet coin! Congrats
thanks jam

I’m truly envious and thankful at the same time my mailbox is waiting for its arrival so I can repost it later !!!!😂
:laughing: you got it ;)

I wouldn’t cleane it anymore that that!! Love it as it is !
hell no im not touchng this thing already in a coin sleeve

Very nice!
thanks very much

Post better pics if you have time
those as good as they can be claddy but ill try thanks

A fantastic find Mark. Congrats on a beautiful hard to find Half Cent. When I get to be 215 years old I hope I can be in that condition. But I doubt it. Trapper
thanks very much trapper appreciate it

SHHH..... I think Tom is on to us.....
:yes: the gig is up :laughing:

Congrats on a killer find !
thanks buddy
Incredible find. I'm happy for you (and a little jealous).
Congrats man!
thanks appreciate the kind words from everyone

Congrats Bronco, those are scarce. I have found only one, 1808. Yours is in much better shape than mine though.
thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom