Cracking the code Deus V4

I would very much look forward to your head to head test between V3.2 and V4.

All information is valued, most of us have only one Deus, and cant do these comparisons.

I am having problem uploading version 3.2,,, get a remote file error.

May try and charge remote and coil and see.
I am right here correct,,,this 23meg bite file does contain v4,v3.2 and v2 right??

Okay some info comparing 3.2 vs 4.0 head to head.

Something of note here,,,I downloaded version 4 yesterday or the day before,,can't remember,,,When Tried to even update with 3.2 I got a remote file error,,tried 2 different remotes. The same.
Downloaded from Xp website again,,then it worked as far as updating unit to both 4.0 and 3.2.

Now it is ring here now,,I did check the 2 coins,,clad dimes 9 and 10" deep.
Mineral meter read a bit higher using both 9" coil and 11" coil using 3.2 version vs 9 and 11" coils using version4.0

Using 3.2,,I feel the Deus is seeing more ground effects,,9" dime is twangy sounding,,like tone is not as smooth on the the edges vs using 4.0.
Tone sounds more like it is being forced tonally moreso to version 4.0.

Using 9" coil,,10" deep dime,,notta Juat a click,,nothing I would ever dig.
Using 11" coil,,10" deep dime,,could here some racket,,how's this,,the only reason based on what I heard,,the only reason Inwould dig it is cause I know it's down there.

4.0,,, using both coils no ground effects like 3.2,,, smoother hits on both coins.
Even sounds more stable,,,could this be associated with emi??? Don't know.

Goodbye 3.2,, hello 4.0,,,btw 3.2 was checked full tones 0 disc,,,signals definitely had iron sounding component.

But remember if I had never heard 4.0 over these,,,I might think 3.2 sounds pretty good.

Btw pumping GB showed 74 on both 9 and 11" coils using version 3.2.
Using 4.0 GB read 77 on both 9and 11" coils.

Hard to say if youre running smoother because of software changes for grd effects.

I have never seen a single bar on my mineralization graph, ever. Very neutral soil here.

I wonder if I will see results you laid out, or if its correcting (like you said) grd effects.

Hard to say if youre running smoother because of software changes for grd effects.

I have never seen a single bar on my mineralization graph, ever. Very neutral soil here.

I wonder if I will see results you laid out, or if its correcting (like you said) grd effects.

That is why I said what I did,,Deus here for me is deeper,,I think V4 in my neck of the woods may just triumph Fbs/fbs2 units for depth on dimes.
But milder ground,,,Deus depth,,did it get increased???

I know I like what I'm seeing here with V4,,, and so far my hunts have stunned me,,considering how hard they had been hunted,,,and some of these finds made,,not overly deep,,with much better signals that I was accustomed to here in this particualr site using 3.2.

Something else I want to check,,I know using. 3.2 version,,with a pumping ground balance done,,,if I raise and lower coil,,,I hear ground feedback as coil is lowered.
Need to check 4.0 for this.

Alright,,more data Deus V4.

Six hour hunt,,,exactly the same site previously talked about here above.

No problems noted with V4 using 2 different complete detector setups,,even coils seem to be linking up well.

This ground balance is different on V4 vs V3.

I was able to do a successful pumping ground balance using all reactivity settings levels using both a 11" and 9" coil,,using version 3.2,, I could never get a successful pumping ground balance using reactivity 3 or higher.

Deus lite users,,,or Deus full package users whose remote battery may die or they maybe forget their remote when they go detect.

Some useful info here for ground balancing manually,,which a Deus lite user must do.

I experimented with this,,,here are my recommendations based on what I witnessed.

Set disc to -2.5,, select your frequency you want to use,,bob coil over clean ground,,lower GB setting until you start getting feedback,,then increase a couple points.

Doing this will get you so close to what if you had a remote and could do a tracking or pumping Gb would achieve.

Couple things here,,you likely will get no feedback as you raise your coil,,no matter how negative or positive you are with your GB setting,,,only feedback as you lower coil to ground.

If you choose to use disc setting lower than what I have stated above,,especially a -6.4 setting,,you will get tremendous feedback,,,even if GB is set right,, meaning you have no way of knowing when you achieve proper GB using your ear/feedback from ground as a guide.

I ran both the 9" and 11" coils today,,,moreso the 9" coil.

Deus V4 is more stable on my ground (with proper GB,,either spot on or a bit higher phase wise) vs V3.2.

This to me really shows itself moreso with the use of 11" coil using V4.

I did run with even lower disc than -2.5 today,,even -6.4,, I didn't sneak any extra finds out by using either.

I still think disc setting of -2.5 is about right to run either the 9" or 11" coil.

Using the 11",,,,if you choose to run lower disc than -2.5., expect to hear some ground feedback as you sweep,,now to be fair milder ground may not be as bad here.

Using 9" coil,,running lower disc than -2.5 seems not to provide ground feedback vs 11" coil,,and is IMO useable in my ground .

Uaing 11" coil in this site,,remember it is loaded with iron and nails,,and I ran both 2.5 and 3 reactivity setting,,silencer -1,,Use of the 11" coil here is what I heard.

Uaing 11" coil in this ferrous mess,,it does work,,but for whatever reason,,some nails and or iron,,have a hard time being transitioned with tone,,,user likely to dig more iron due to vs using 9" coil.

When the 11" coil is tonally trying to roll up on nail or iron,,in the very middle of the transition,,an elongated ( still short) high tone,,suspicious sounding when compared to use of 9" coil,,,but this is happening over ferrous not a nonferrous target,,like the 9" coil does when it performs.

Deus V4,, reporting of nonferrous targets is changed vs V3.2.

Nonferrous tone is sharper,,more narrow,,,not the gradual rise up and fall like using V3.2,, not as overly smooth using V4 vs V3.2,,, but from an alert stanpoint,,V4 is better here IMO.

Users of V4 will definitely be able to dig more nonferrous out of a ferrous laden site vs V3.2 if they will learn version.

User of V4,, I think will find more nonferrous,,,but will also IMO find more iron,,but in the end IMO it is the nonferrous overall numbers that count.

I still haven't heard the first target using V4,,that gives that lower murmur tone like I am accustomed to hearing using V3.2.

I did get one target today,,that is the closet I've seen,,a nice old button,,but this signal still not as low sounding vs V3.2.

Also dug another sizeavle nonferrous target,,,and I know I had swept before with versions 3.2 and 2.0,, right beside where I recovered 2 CW buttons previously.

Why do I think I found this sizable target today using V4,, and not the others,?

This target today,,acted different,,,using version 3.2 and 2.0,, this target had signature morseso of relic iron hit,,I've dug enough relic iron with both of those versions,,when you sweep,,meter gets hung like in the 30s or so,,steady buzzing tone,,actually a more monster sounding target. Today the target again sounded monster sized,,,but based on tone,,more intelligent to a slight degree,,like this target using V4 was winning out with its conductivity moreso vs the surround iron,,when compared to 3.2 and 2.0.

.Unless some thing happens I'm unaware of I am threw with V3.2.

Deus with V4 is one hot detector on lower conductors now.

To sum up here,,Using Deus V4 in this one site for roughly 14-15 hours,,,I found more nonferrous finds than the previous approximately 200 hours combined using some other detectors including Deus V2.0 and 3.2 using both 9 and 11" coils. Other detectors too. And remember I am still rookie status with V4 on Deus.

Say any thing here you think???

Last edited:
I have noticed the non ferrous tones to be more sharp as well.

Running Deus V4 for around 15 hours,,I've only heard what I call one weaker sounding target,,a partial flat button on edge around 5" deep.

This reporting done with V4 makes V3.2 ashamed of itself.
Trust me on this.
Wearing those back phones,,V4 targets even crippled easier to hear.
You'll know it when you hear it.
Not that little light hearted squeaky thing V3.2 gives a lot of times.
V4 user can be moreso alsleep at the wheel and still out dig V3.2 runner.

My first 3 hours running V4 in a site I am very familiar with-- game over for V3.2.

Whatever Xp did,,bravo.

Some folks think I'm kidding or exaggerating??
Better think again.
For some the leaning curve may be longer,,,one of the reasons I went to this one site to begin with,,,to start off with more of a baseline,,,had I just went to strange site,,wouldn't have picked on as fast.

You watch,,,some gold coins smaller are fixing to be found by V4 runners.
This V4 is hot as a pistol on the smallest flat buttons,,as good as I have seen.
Ear punching signal on these,,even when covered with iron and iron bits.

Some times Inwould stop,,and talk to myself saying what??
Can't be,,this is too good to be true.
Well,,it happened far more times than once ( hard hunted site) remember.

We'll see if ole sharpshooter is right here.
With time.

Cant wait to try it out and go over some same ground again, always had a feeling theres still things there.

Additional data.
This is BIG Imo.

What about Deus in a park???
Here's some thing to think about.
I can take a Deus to any park using V4,, and only do the following if I want.
Dig targets that have a much lower chance of ever being detected before using any detector/coil size.
Sound far fetched??
It might to some.

What would be the clues using Deus a doing???
Getting a target with super low TID in the meter,,,this will do.
Below 10 in the meter will do,,,even below 6 in the meter, or even below 3 in the meter using -2.5 disc.
You can pick what threshold to set for yourself.
You see if a small piece of foil is struck,,but exposed it will read higher.
And a lot of other things.

So could be a good strategy to pull some thing nice.
I guarantee you see one of these like I am describing,,the ole Minelabs,,Etrac and CTX,,have never ever been alerted on chances are,,and many other detectors too.

Let the Deus V4 be your bloodhound,,remember anything tangled up in the iron and nails,,,likely older on average.

Even hunt behind Deus 3.2 by doing too.

Recommend a 9" coil here for this.

And no I don't work for Xp either.

Actually just digging these kinds of signals,,and the what I call high rollers into the 90s,,,you dig both of these,,you'll do well.

Think if a park is hard hunted by Minelabbers,,pass on the solo sitting targets,,that are giving ID (true TID),,assume they have already looked at. Don't waste your time. Now true TID lower I'd targets could be gold. If you are after.

I use strategies based on how my detector operates,,and how other people's detectors operate.

This strategy will work other places too,,hard hunted house sites,,church yards,etc..

Last edited:
One would think with V4 in a plowed field, or very clean ground has the potential to do very well even with the 11" coil.

One would think with V4 in a plowed field, or very clean ground has the potential to do very well even with the 11" coil.

Certainly,,,make no mistake 11" coil on Deus V4 is a force to be reckoned with in and around nails too.
But if I had to choose,I'll pick 9" coil.
I think V4 has added more value (performance wise to the 9" coil vs the 11" coil.
Jmo.

Or how about this,,any person should be able to do.

Leave Xy screen on Deus set to default setting,,you get a hit,,,look at only the Xy screen,,,you see a real small almost circular thingy in the middle of screen or real small signature= challenged target.

Remember there can be iron under the coil,,but Xy screen won't show if there is a detectable nonferrous under coil.

You see what is displayed on Xy screen with challenged target,,,this super small signature in the middle,,,no lines to speak of.
This is a battle going on between the ferrous and nonferrous,,,if it is detectable the nonferrous wins,,,,but the ferrous still keeps the nonferrous in check visually on the Xy meter.

So this leads to another good question here,,I don't know answer either.
Wonder if by sweeping you get this smaller signature,,you notice in Xy window,,but get a iron tone,,but no lines showing iron,,,could this be an actual challenged nonferrous target that is being beat (no signal) but is strong enough to keep the iron in check,,preventing lines in ferrous direction.
With time some folks maybe will see if this is true or not.
In an old site beat up with Deus V4,, pickings may be slim,,,gotta try things.

Last edited:
That scribble battle in the XY is good to know, thats probably where a lot of us has purposefully passed over thinking junk.

That scribble battle in the XY is good to know, thats probably where a lot of us has purposefully passed over thinking junk.

I will bet the farm here,,,on many targets using Xy screen to compare V3.2 vs V4,,,a lot of the targets giving this signature I'm describing .V3.2 would be a no go,,no signal,,or at the very most a signal you would really have to be on your game to hear in the first place with original coils sweeps to actually locate.

This would apply to targets located with V4,, and then swept and studied using V3.2.

Remember Xy screen,,,different between the 2 versions-- tied to performance.

Folks in Europe in the old history fields,,likely will dig themselves to death using V4 Deus.lol

Tnss, it seems that circle you mentioned on the XY screen also applies to two non-ferrous targets together if one is a high conductor and the other a lower. Today while running a slightly modded version of the Hot program I got a jumpy 80-83 signal with the circle you described on the XY. Dug it up and found a wheat and a Jefferson in the hole. No iron around anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnss, it seems that circle you mentioned on the XY screen also applies to two non-ferrous targets together if one is a high conductor and the other a lower. Today while running a slightly modded version of the Hot program I got a jumpy 80-83 signal with the circle you described on the XY. Dug it up and found a wheat and a Jefferson in the hole. No iron around anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it could,,I haven't seen that,,but most of the targets recovered in my site using V4,,this was the case,,and iron was in play every time-- if you believe the Deus tones,,I did recover some iron while digging a lot of them too. Thought Ingot fooled a few times too,,almost left a few finds in the ground,,,by confidence factor built quickly,,so it's harder for me to give up now,,based on hearing what I think is a target.
I may do some booby trap test and monitor Xy screen data.
Also,,it is possible for a targets ID to be skewed by iron bits ( ultra small particles,,even Deus won't technically alert on,,and pinpointer as well.

This site I have pick your place,,shove a shovel in lift up about 8" of dirt,,,rusty colored,,square nails,,bigger iron,,smaller iron,,a super duper magnet,,lowered into hole,,,no telling how small the pieces would cling on.
Site had I think hotel on in late 1700s to mid 1800s,,pottery seen when digging targets,,particles of bricks smaller and larger. Inhad heard it was a blacksmith shop,,,this farm is big for this area,,,open land sorta fault like 125 acres.
We're slaves here too,,,was a busy place back then,,now just a cow pasture.
The captain who got first land grant buried in the cemetery that sits near,,,was Andew Jackson's bud,,,they served together, actually President Jackson way back when was in this site with King of France I think.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Blount

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom