$178 later.....

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Just heard from Garrett yesterday. They are holding my AT Pro ransom for $178. It cost me like $24 to ship it too!

I broke the control box mounts in August and one of the legs on the arm cuff.

To top it off they say the coil is bad too! :mad:

I've been using my F70 in the mean time, but I miss that Pro.

Well, when it comes back soon, it will be like a new machine again.

On the other hand, this machine has cost me money that I never expected. I can afford it, but man it's disappointing!! :mad:

That's one reason I hate sending any detector in for service as the coil seems to always be bad. Good luck on getting the ATP back soon.

my control box mounts broke last year and I just replaced the screws, still going strong!
Of course, the fact that I drowned my unit in a lake last year hunting shotgun shells cost me about $125 for repairs:mad:

Mounts on mine are stripping

The screws on my mounts are stripping cause I have to take the screws out just to change the batteries. I have some ducktape to fix it when it goes...

Just heard from Garrett yesterday. They are holding my AT Pro ransom for $178. It cost me like $24 to ship it too!

I broke the control box mounts in August and one of the legs on the arm cuff.

To top it off they say the coil is bad too! :mad:

I've been using my F70 in the mean time, but I miss that Pro.

Well, when it comes back soon, it will be like a new machine again.

On the other hand, this machine has cost me money that I never expected. I can afford it, but man it's disappointing!! :mad:

Curious,, does the $178 cover the supposed bad coil too???

If not and the coil replacement is not done,,what is the ransom fee??

I might be tempted to go the aftermarket route on coil vs paying them.

TN, the $178 covers all repairs and shipping.

I'm convinced the control box sheared from rough conditions during the woods hunts. My machines go everywhere.

If you are working your AT Pro in thick brush, be careful if the control box gets hung up in vines and branches. Use care also when storing these machines.

I hope to see it today.

I've got some water hunts planned and I'm opening the toolbox.

That's one reason I hate sending any detector in for service as the coil seems to always be bad. Good luck on getting the ATP back soon.

Reminds me of car inspections. Your wipers need replaced. Ah, no I just replaced them before coming because I KNEW you would say they were bad to make $5. :laughing:

Not saying that's the case, just reminded me of that.

I have a coil at whites. I called them and said it's not under warranty and wanted estimate on cost to fix a falsing issue. it was very minor and I would deal with it if too much. Well they said they would just replace it as warranty. I told them it absolutely was not under warranty. They insisted on replacing it for free. Cost me $9.70 shipping to them. NOW that is crazy good service. Probably too good to remain solvent!

I've had similar experience with first texas insisting on fixing for free when it very much shouldn't be. Really surprised garrett charged so much.

I replaced the coil on my AT Pro but that was due to my own brain fart. Picked up a new coil for $125 including shipping. Never had any problems with the mount(s) and I've used this thing literally just about every day for the past 21 months at least 2 hours a day. Easily over 1000 hours on it.

Recently the control box was giving me a lot of random noise and sent it in for warranty maintenance as I've had it just under 2 years. I had to send the coils in with the box (11" and an 8" coil). Coils were fine and they replaced the control box and it came back like new. Got great service from their people at Garrett.

This machine has paid for itself many times over so the replacement coil I purchased was just part of the cost of doing business. While it was in the shop I was suffering from withdrawal but my backup Coinmaster GT got me through the worst of it.

How long have you had this machine?

The machine was built in 2013. I picked it up slightly used in 2015 and registered it for the first time.

The machine was over two years old when the control box broke.

I was surprised that (according to Garrett) the coil has to be replaced. According to them there is also a component on the circuit board that was failing. The machine performed awesome even when running my coils.

This will be my last Garrett machine. When the Pro Pointer gives up the ghost, I'll be looking at others. We've been hearing bad things about the new AT Pointer.

The only repair work I have had done was on a compadre, and it was free and back within a week.

sometimes you never know

The machine was built in 2013. I picked it up slightly used in 2015 and registered it for the first time.

The machine was over two years old when the control box broke.

I was surprised that (according to Garrett) the coil has to be replaced. According to them there is also a component on the circuit board that was failing. The machine performed awesome even when running my coils.

This will be my last Garrett machine. When the Pro Pointer gives up the ghost, I'll be looking at others. We've been hearing bad things about the new AT Pointer.

The at pro should be still under warranty if you first registered it in 2015. I would call and ask for a supervisor. Garrett's customer service is usually pretty good I have even heard of them replacing pro pointers after the warranty. I would maybe ask with a supervisor.

Back
Top Bottom