Minelab new Pro find Pinpointers (Pricing announced)

Rich at Colonial metal detectors is taking pre orders. I'm sure others might be as well.

Still waiting to see how the profind 35 does in the field. Eventually I will get one for a nice backup

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have two cheap gp-pointers that work good half the time and quirky the other half...
Was going to order the AT propointer but now wondering if I should wait and grab the profind 35 instead? Any suggestions?

Propointer AT is a great pinpointer. I've never tried one of the Minelab pointers before but I have a PF35 on order. I already have a Propointer AT but if I didn't and I could only get one, I'd probably wait for some reviews before buying the Minelab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea.... thats the bad thing about being an early adopter of new tech... you dont know if they will have issues or not.
I think these gp-pointers are along the lines of the first garrett pointers. I get random falsing and false signals sometimes when pushing on tip. Sometimes they work great and happy with them....other times i hit a mineralized spot and it goes off anywhere in the hole. I try turning them off and touching tip to the ground and turn em back on to hopefully maybe balance them but sometimes it doesnt help....sometimes it seems to work but cant really tell lol.

Im in the market for a new one. The AT propointer seems like it would be great but for same price and the iron tone of the profind has me on the fence

Got mine a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to try it in the field.

Feels like a solid pinpointer and the ferrous tone ID seems to work as advertised. My only complaint so far is the holster. The belt loop on the back isn't large enough to go on my military tool belt. The ProFind unit itself is too big to fit in the Carrot holster. Well, let me rephrase that... It'll go in if forced but very difficult to get in and out.

I may put up a review or video review once I've had a chance to use it for a while.

I have had mine for a few hunts now. And honestly I turn the ferrous detection off. It seems like it gets "confused" or "slow" when using it that way. Like it doesn't know how or what to do. When I turn off the ferrous detection it is better but I do prefer my garrett carrot pitch better, easier to hear. One other thing is mine seems like there are too big of jumps in the 5 levels of sensitivity, And it isn't easy to tell what sensitivity level you are in?

I will give the 35 another few chances soon to make sure of my initial suspicions.

I received mine and have had a chance to use it a few times. I have been using the "carrot" for so long that it was hard to get used to something else but I really like this unit. Very sensitive and built sturdy. I have not used the Ferrous audio much yet in real world conditions but bench testing it and seems to work as advertised.

Thanks.. I should have mine in a day or two. I hope I'll be able to test it out in the field

Mine came in the mail yesterday but I didnt have the chance to play with it yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be free so I can do some testing and comparisons.

The Profind 35 looks interesting. I will have to give one a try.

Back
Top Bottom