• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unexpected Gold

anxious

I don't usually post much but when I find things like this it is a must.
The water is like 5 feet lower than normal at my local lake so I'm able to get out like 1000 feet from shore. I know it seems crazy but I wanted to detect quietly away from all the pull tabs and bottle caps if that makes sense. I hit a few coins and an old belt buckle. Then where it's about 10 feet deep normally and middle of nowhere the excel screamed bloody murder and first scoop I got this pretty little bracelet. I can't believe people wear this stuff out in the lake but I'm sure glad the do. I did the happy dance all the way back to the truck and the wife loves it.
Happy hunting
Matt
992542e7f96322bb741ba781dd6d862a.jpg
96a5c0ddcc09fb0eda4cc7e3f62fba2e.jpg
54e51141d6f12298e1cfe9aceb25a16d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whoa... I'll say that's worth posting! N-ICE save Anxious.

Karat? Weight?

R5

Florida fresh water?

Ever think about gators or water moccasins?

I used to water ski in the Lake Butler chain of lakes, years ago.

I looked at the first pic and thought, that's not that great a ring and then I saw the third pic and realized it's a bracelet! So yeah... WOW!!! COOL FIND!!!

:dingding: And it fits! That's just an awesome & beautiful find!!

Whoa... I'll say that's worth posting! N-ICE save Anxious.

Karat? Weight?

R5
Getting it tested today. It's 14k at 14.4 grams but looking through the loop I think they are CZ. I'll know for sure later today.

I don't usually post much but when I find things like this it is a must.
The water is like 5 feet lower than normal at my local lake so I'm able to get out like 1000 feet from shore. I know it seems crazy but I wanted to detect quietly away from all the pull tabs and bottle caps if that makes sense. I hit a few coins and an old belt buckle. Then where it's about 10 feet deep normally and middle of nowhere the excel screamed bloody murder and first scoop I got this pretty little bracelet. I can't believe people wear this stuff out in the lake but I'm sure glad the do. I did the happy dance all the way back to the truck

Holy Bling Batman! Are the stones legit? That bracelet is gorgeous!

Florida fresh water?

Ever think about gators or water moccasins?

I used to water ski in the Lake Butler chain of lakes, years ago.
Yes Florida freshwater. I keep a look out but I've been in these waters since I could swim. The fish that swarm me when shaking the scoop have scared the !!!! out of me on occasion but never had any snakes or gators bother me.

Back
Top Bottom