• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help ID this old holster?

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I recently purchased this old double holster, it is a George Lawrence piece, top notch holster. Can anyone narrow down the time frame it was made, or for which pistols it is sized for?
I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 166
,...Nice vintage piece. I actually don't know who the guy is without doing any googling but somebody from that area of the country will chime in I'm sure. Just looking at the tooling on that leather and going by "style" id guess it could be a 1950's piece,...but I really don't know.

As far as what guns it's made for,...Single Action Revolvers,..or cowboy style pistols. They have a loading gate for loading instead of a swing-out cylinder. Ruger and a few other companies have been keeping them alive for years,...mainly Ruger. Here is a pic of a .357 with a 6.5 inch barrel. Can't tell for 100% sure but it looks like the holsters will fit large frame.

Attachments

• RUGER COWBOY.jpg
    RUGER COWBOY.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 144
30- Model
F- Flower Stamp
D- Black
W- White weave edge

566- Size= High Standard Double 9.... 5 & 1/2"

38- Most likely belt size?

Wonder if the 50 is a date code?

The fact it's stamped (as opposed to hand carved) is an indication it's not way old.

Above info might get you started.

From the angle of the picture it is hard to guess the size, they look they are for a smaller gun. For fast draw they look like they set to high. If I had them I would switch sides with them, so they faced backwards and cross draw or cross myself pulling them out.

I have no idea what year they were made.

Back
Top Bottom