need help to trouble shoot AT pro

t.e.witt

I hope someone can help me. I am rather new to detecting but I did buy an AT pro 13 months ago. I realize this might sound weird but I have only used it a couple/few times and it has worked good. Tonight I turned it on and it goes crazy. Beeping, tooting, dinging, farting, numbers on the graph are jumping all over the place. Battery's are good. It does this when I hold it in the air. I bought it from Antiques Detectors from this site. I haven't contacted them yet hoping someone here has an idea whats going on.

It doesnt sound wierd its happened to me before when I first started even though I do not own a AT Pro. First I would ask is the issue your having inside your house? Most detectors will act up indoors due to EMI interference. You say your batteries are fine, i put in a new set of batteries once and detector went crazy, couldnt figure it out, finally on a whim because my new batteries were not alkaline I went back to alkaline and the detector was fine.. Not saying thats your issue but thats my experience. Good luck.

Yes, I'm indoors. The batterys are originals that came with the detector. I'm going by the graph on the detector.

What do you mean by a hard reset?

Yes, I'm indoors. The batterys are originals that came with the detector. I'm going by the graph on the detector.

What do you mean by a hard reset?

Dude, detectors go crazy when indoors. There's your problem, they are sensitive machines.

A hard reset is turning it on then holding the same power button down for 5 seconds. You should hear a short double beep. It'll reset to factory settings.

Turning your detector on indoors pointing the coil in the air will cause most detectors to go nuts. Take it out in the yard and turn it on. Bet it acts just fine.

Thanks for the advise. Its late here now but I will take it outside tomorrow. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Thanks for the advise. Its late here now but I will take it outside tomorrow. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Mine did that a few times, too. (on the ACE series as well). It turned out it was a loose connection to the coil. Definitely unscrew the coil, and put it back on tight, then turn on the system again.

If you continue to have problems, try turning on the device without the coil connected, and see if it's the main unit, or the coil.

I once had a kid step on my stock coil cable in a tot-lot and broke it, but I didn't know it. It worked 100% fine until I put it into the water at a lake. Then it did the crazy sounds like you're describing. DId you recently submerge the coil?

Skippy

If all else fails, you could just try screaming at the sky. I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish, but apparently yesterday about half the masses in the US thought it sounded like a pretty good idea. :laughing:

Don't feel bad you could of got rap music coming in like on my Ace250 hunting near a transmission tower. :lol: rap music combined with pulltabs recipe for the loony bin.

I have had the same think happen and it was a loose coil wire. I have found a few places where my detector goes nuts no matter what I do. Your batteries are over a year old, there's no telling how old they were when Garret put them in. As little as your using it, you would probably be better off storing it without batteries

I took it outside in the yard, turn it one and it works good. I wasn't aware it could not be used in the house.

Thanks all for the help. This fourm is the best.

I took it outside in the yard, turn it one and it works good. I wasn't aware it could not be used in the house.

Thanks all for the help. This fourm is the best.

LOL AWESOME. Yeah, way too much interference from everything in the construction and electronics.

Glad you posted the resolution, though, this'll help other forum members.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom