Trouble uploading pictures

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Im very new to the forum. I hope I am not committing a party foul by posting my question and problem here. :?: I was trying to post a few pictures of my silver finds but the upload failed. Any tips on posting pictures and some advice on what I'm doing wrong? I clicked the "manage attachments" and then selected the picture from my phone gallery, but the upload failed.

Im very new to the forum. I hope I am not committing a party foul by posting my question and problem here. :?: I was trying to post a few pictures of my silver finds but the upload failed. Any tips on posting pictures and some advice on what I'm doing wrong? I clicked the "manage attachments" and then selected the picture from my phone gallery, but the upload failed.

I responded on your other thread too. You probably want to have a look at the stickies and/or post this in this forum. Again, welcome!

Most problems like this have to do with the size.
Many phones are set to take large pics at high resolution and too many megabytes for the forum to handle.
Some phones have lower settings you can switch to or reduce pics automatically but there are free apps you can download and do it manually and easily if you don't have that.

Also not all odd types of files are accepted but most phones are set to the accepted types.

The most common reason

for not being able to load pictures is size. Generally speaking, if the pix are to big they won't take.

Thanks to you all. I was able to make it work. I actually emailed myself the picture and Outlook resized it before it sent it. (It asks you if you want to send it Large, Medium, or Small.) I chose small, then sent it. I opened the email and saved the new resized picture to my phone gallery. Then I posted it here. Just a little "workaround"

Attachments

• 20170912_170724_resized.jpg
    20170912_170724_resized.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 72
When I upload my pictures it won't save it unless I have a tag. What is a tag?

It should not be asking for that but but if it does
Tags are like keywords to describe what your post is about in one or two words

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2023-02-05 09-50-40.png
    Screenshot at 2023-02-05 09-50-40.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot at 2023-02-05 09-55-08.png
    Screenshot at 2023-02-05 09-55-08.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 28
Vlad, Has the max file size been reduced with the new forum software? Is there no capability for the forum software to resize automatically? I know that's how some forum software works...

Vlad, Has the max file size been reduced with the new forum software? Is there no capability for the forum software to resize automatically? I know that's how some forum software works...
No it was increased actually.
I've heard they will have this option with the next update of the forum software.
If there was such option, I would have that enabled in a heart beat, but as soon as this is out I'll be the first to turn it on!

Back
Top Bottom