• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Just ordered Equinox 600

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
My Equinox 600 is due to arrive on 22 May.

Plan on using it a lot in my fields and around my 1860's house.

Found some awesome stuff with my Ace 350 and AT Pro, time to see what the Equinox can do.

Haven't read any user manual yet, but any recommended settings for relic hunting in fields?

Thanks in advance.

Got one not long ago myself and putzing around a bit. Just Using Park1 and knocked the sensitivity down a bit. Bit of a learning curve and I'm slow. Several nice threads on here if you look on setting for folks who are just learning. Also the scale on the numbers for different coins, alum, iron etc. Have Have found a few clad coins, Aluminum foil, aluminum cans, pull tabs and a nice Black Label Beer Tap Handle in nice shape. I dig everything and recheck how it pulls on the 600 and the sound it makes. Slow for me recovering from a broken right leg otherwise I may be a bit more ahead than what I am now. Good Luck and plenty of help on here.

Park1 and lower the recovery speed to 2. Factory is 3. Very short/choppy signal on coins at that factory setting. That's about all there is to it. The rest will come to you, but you will have fun instantly with only a couple of changes. Hope this helps.

Good luck, great machine..the headphones that are stock aren't that good.i bought a minelab headphones adapter to use my gray ghost but they don't work with it..my whites pro lites do tho..just a heads up in case you buy a adapter, do some research..

Yea! Those factory HPs were the first thing I LOST quickly, and bought a set of 4.2 LL wireless phones. Another $50 for good wireless 4.2 HPs are a must. I went wireless on all my machines long ago, except for FBS. Those really deep whisper signals, which FBS is really good at finding, works better with wired phones IMO.

I did find new silvers in old spots the first week with my 600, using those factory phones. Main b!tch I had was mainly how the cord snags a lot, plus they don't noise cancel much at all.

Thanks for all the feedback. Downloaded the user manual. Detector and coil cover due in on the 22nd.

Can't wait for the first cutting of my hayfield!

Congrats on your 600, It will find stuff others missed near iron/steel. You may want iron bias down at zero if you can adjust it. I have the 800 its adjustable on mine.

My Equinox 600 is due to arrive on 22 May.

Plan on using it a lot in my fields and around my 1860's house.

Found some awesome stuff with my Ace 350 and AT Pro, time to see what the Equinox can do.

Haven't read any user manual yet, but any recommended settings for relic hunting in fields?

Thanks in advance.

I did very well with my Ace 400 but I sure do love my nox 600.
I have found these videos to be helpful here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

Run the sen at 16-18. And use the all metal mode if you are looking for relics. Other wise you will be passing over anything iron

Equinox and coil cover were waiting for me after work.

Followed assembly instructions, started charging.

The balance is quite a bit different than the At pro, but I'll get used to it I guess.

Fields haven't had the first cutting yet, so I'll try it in the yard tomorrow.

And those who commented on the headphones, you appear to be right. look like junk, but I'll give them a try.

Glad you got the 600. It is a really great detector.
Be careful with the supplied headphones. The head band, ear pieces and right angle plug are all weak points and can break easily if you drop the phones. Some other wired earbuds and headphones will work if their plug will fully seat. Otherwise, be looking for some ATPX low latency bluetooth wireless headphones. Like others have said on this forum, there are some available on the big online sites for less than $50. I bought a pair of Avantree bluetooth over the ear headphones ($40) that I have heavily (hundreds of hours) used with no problems for over a year.

Jeff

Took it out back last night, working through the settings , pinpointing etc.

Think I'm going to love it!

I like the sounds and tones so far.

played mostly in park 2, played with sensitivity, volume, recovery speed.....

Will test more tonight!

I use soundpeats Bluetooth 5.0 aptx ll earbuds, was like 30 on Amazon... work perfect. I tried the stock 600 headphones for about 15 minutes and took them off. My kids use them on their tablets now. Cheap junk.... look into soundpeats if you want wireless earbuds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom