A first!

MikeInMcKinney

Got out to a spot I've been hitting for the last couple months and managed to find my first shield nickel! Then went back two days later and found another one! They're toasted but I'm stoked! Hoping a gold coin pops up. This site is an old 1890s fairgrounds site.
HH,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:
And I don't know why my pics come up sideways. They're not sideways on my camera roll. Any suggestions?

1980's or 1890's? I thought it might be a typo. . Congrats on the score HH

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's awesome, congrats Mike! I'm still looking for my first shield nickel. Might be hard to find here in California but I know they've been found.

Great finds Mike, congrats! Probably more goodies to find there.

And I don't know why my pics come up sideways. They're not sideways on my camera roll. Any suggestions?

I take my pics with my IPad. Half the time ......same problem. So I take pics from two or three angles, preview my post, and change P&I if I have to. A pain for sure but not so embarrassing as an upside down pic !

I had an old fairgrounds that I used to hunt.. 98 % of the silver finds were Barber dimes and an occasional quarter. It was a cotton then but is developed ground now. Congrats on your finds again. Reading this post brought back the memories of hunting that cotton field... nice coins and cut and scratches from the cotton plants

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice. Keep it up. Shield nickels (all nickels for that matter) don't seem to hold up in soil too well. But we all still love finding them !

Back
Top Bottom