inexpensive lesche style digger seems pretty tough

Great Digger!

I bought this digger a couple months ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. :grin:

I was hoping to get a good quality digging tool with a serrated blade. This shovel has met my needs nicely. :clap:

It cuts easily through roots and makes perfect plugs. I highly recommend this digger for everyone especially if you are on a tight budget. :mder:

The sheath is handy but it did start to unravel (but a needle and some thread fixed it).

Last edited:
I ordered one of these off eBay and got it today. One of the best values ever! I took it out on a quick hunt and am very pleased with it. 9.90 shipped first class.

took these out yesterday for several hours....held up fine. The orange handle grips slide off alot, going to epoxy them on and sharpen the edges....great deal though!

took these out yesterday for several hours....held up fine. The orange handle grips slide off alot, going to epoxy them on and sharpen the edges....great deal though!

I got a couple of them the other day in the mail. They work great except for the grips sliding like deezdrama mentioned. After a couple of hunts the handles aren't sliding anymore after getting some dirt inside of them. I think I'll still epoxy them on though.

I got a couple of them the other day in the mail. They work great except for the grips sliding like deezdrama mentioned. After a couple of hunts the handles aren't sliding anymore after getting some dirt inside of them. I think I'll still epoxy them on though.

Yes, the grip is my only complaint. The end where the hole is to hang it folds over when you push on it but overall I am still happy with it!

Never had a problem with the grip slipping. I got mine off eBay $9.90 with free shipping, but see the same seller is now at $19.90 but still a bargain.

I have had the same Fiskars garden knife for about 3 years now. I put a good edge on both sides as well as between the forked tip. It has not let me down yet; besides, Fiskars backs it with a lifetime warranty so I really put it through its paces. Bought mine for $8.99 I believe.

Yes, the grip is my only complaint. The end where the hole is to hang it folds over when you push on it but overall I am still happy with it!

Take them to a large bicycle shop. Believe it or not they have "take offs". Never knew it was that big of a deal, but apparently people by bikes and have the grips replaced immediately. The better quality grips don't slip off.

Take them to a large bicycle shop. Believe it or not they have "take offs". Never knew it was that big of a deal, but apparently people by bikes and have the grips replaced immediately. The better quality grips don't slip off.

...and generously coat the handle with cheap hairspray before installing. The grip won't slip once it is dry.

I believe I paid $35 a few years back for the orange-handled Lesche knock-off from Kellyco. Gator? Kept having to bend the blade back, I wasn't digging concrete, but Michigan soil. Junked that pos and went back to the Lesche.

I ran into some really hard ground yesterday and ended up actually pounding my Hori-Hori into the ground again with my shovel to retrieve my find. Don't try that with a Lesche.

Back
Top Bottom