• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bullion Dealer?

groundmagnet

Is there a preferred place to order bullion online from? Trying to pay as close to spot as possible. Some companies I found were almost 2x spot prices.

I'm a bit surprised they charge almost 60 dollars more for a credit card transaction for a single gold coin vs a check. I like the protection of credit card companies over a check that there is no recourse if the company does not send items or if there is a different issues.

As a small business owner, I understand credit card fees. I think I pay just around 2%. Apmex is over 4% for using a card. Kind of a turn off.

I had just ordered silver from JM bullion with no problems, but a few friends of mine who only buy from LCS said to avoid them.

I'm a bit surprised they charge almost 60 dollars more for a credit card transaction for a single gold coin vs a check. I like the protection of credit card companies over a check that there is no recourse if the company does not send items or if there is a different issues.

As a small business owner, I understand credit card fees. I think I pay just around 2%. Apmex is over 4% for using a card. Kind of a turn off.

I had just ordered silver from JM bullion with no problems, but a few friends of mine who only buy from LCS said to avoid them.
If your friends only buy from the LCS, how would they know to avoid JM Bullion? JMB has a good rep and I've been following them for years. Provident Metals is another good dealer. When I go to the shows, the dealers are surprised (or act surprised) at the online prices, usually much lower than theirs. My LCS markup is higher also.

Check out this site, it's popular: Comparesilverprices dot com.

APMEX or JM Bullion. I've dealt with both and they're reliable. Prices are "Decent" but I can buy the same stuff at coin shows for even less.

If your friends only buy from the LCS, how would they know to avoid JM Bullion? JMB has a good rep and I've been following them for years. Provident Metals is another good dealer. When I go to the shows, the dealers are surprised (or act surprised) at the online prices, usually much lower than theirs. My LCS markup is higher also.

Check out this site, it's popular: Comparesilverprices dot com.

Did a second order from JM. My friends said they have heard of delayed packages. Both orders I just did I had shipping tracking numbers the same day.

How does one find out about coin shows? My father took me to a few when I was a kid. Google is only giving me LCS locations.
Various coin publications such as Coin World or Coins Magazine list shows in every state. Also try typing "New York Coin Shows" into your search engine, it might come up that way. In my copy of Coin World I'm seeing shows listed for Melville, Hicksville, Liverpool, Buffalo, West Seneca. and Albany.

Yeah or do a search for a local Numismatic or Coin Collectors Club! All sorts of old guys there buying and selling PM's...Why, just last week at our local club meeting, some guy was selling 1oz silver rounds for $18! Thats the place for all sorts of deals and whatnot...

You can go and get all you want...Me and a few of the other detectorists around here joined up even! Lots of interesting things to learn from these old guys..its a good fit for a detectorist...buy,sell,trade,learn....

Attachments

• coin group.jpg
    coin group.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 76
  • coin group1.jpg
    coin group1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom