Whites DFX

Milk Money

Forum Supporter
Hello all you DFX users! I am having problems with my dectector. I does not like to mark quarters and even worse it gives a very faint signal if any with gold has any one else had this problem?

Thank you,

I don't know how long you have owned your DFX. I would first suggest that you pick up a copy of Digging Deeper With The DFX. by Jeff Foster. This book is kinda the bible for the dfx user. Use this book in correlation with the Owners Manual. It will help, trust me. Search online for different programs/settings to try out. Remember that just because a particular program may work great at some other geographical location does not mean it will work great for your location. If you haven't owned your DFX for very long. It would be wise to stick with the factory presets until you become familiar with your new machine. Try them all.

I have had it for about 6 months I bought used. I usually hunt in the coin and jewelry mode. I and have not messed with the factory presets. Thank you for your help.

I have had mine for only few months and thought i was not picking up quarters but when i did get a quarter signal ,it was there.I have not experienced any prob's pin pointing either but i am using a 4x6 coil.I have not run across any gold yet but have dug lots of pull tabs,just a matter of time.

I put some gold on the ground that I found with my ace 250 and the DFX would not read it? I was mortified. I did pick up my class ring but that thing is huge lol! I accidentally dug up a gold ring today I marked something and and by luck found the ring with my pinpointer. It makes me wonder what I have missed?

If the gold is what you are after try searching in 15khz single frequency mode. Accept -29 to +93. Try a pre amp of 3 with ac sens set somewhere near 75 and dc sens 38. Adjust as needed for E.M.I.

The forum has a lot of guys that have had far more experience than me with the dfx and should be able to help you out. Hopefully they will chime in here soon. I can't promise those setting will do the trick but they should help.

I got mine last summer used like you, and I am really only beginning to understand what things do now. I don't have a problem with quarters, in fact running the stock coil I can tell if it is a quarter just by the sound it makes. I am usually running a stock program, or one that is slightly modified for my location. Check the discrimination for your program, gold can ring up in the low negative VDI scale. As previously stated try the 15khz frequency for gold.
There are plenty of very experienced DFX users here who can probably help you out more than I can.
The digging deeper book by Jeff Foster is a must for understanding what all the settings do.
Good Luck and HH

The factory Coin & Jewelry rejects 0 to +7 which rejects a huge area gold falls in. Yes it will pick up most larger gold rings, but there are far more smaller gold items than large. As has already been mentioned there are 2 very important adjustments for finding gold. Set your discrimination to accept the gold area( myself I accept +93 down to -20) and use single frequency 15khz. Make these changes and I personally guarantee your DFX will find gold your ACE 250 can't.

Thank you for all of the help! You guys rock! I am going out today and I try the new settings!

Back
Top Bottom