• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gel knee pads?

I have used an older gel set. Other than them always needing adjustment (falling down, turning, etc.), I loved them. Much easier on the knees than kneeling in the dirt, and they keep your pants from looking like you are sans abode.

Used mine (well, one of them anyway, I'm a 1-knee'r) today for about 2.5 hours. Comfortable, I like the flat face, and never had to re-adjust once, and that was wearing short pants.

I was just looking online, may swing into Lowes in the next few days. Yeah, the shorts thing is a concern, but I thought I might get one of those knee supports (the large elastic-type sleeve that slips over the knee) since I thought it would keep the strap from irritating my delicate skin :laughing: Seriously, I'd think it would help in adding a little comfort.

Ditto on the long britches, maybe the better ones aren't as bad? I figured I'd "buy once/cry once", and since I only use one at a time, a pair of good ones should last me the rest of my life. I'd have to think Gel would be more comfortable, but I've never owned a set, plus I'd like to get a set with a flat face, as it seems the rounded ones are a but unstable for me.

Those elastic knee supports work real nice Gauntlet.

Gel Knee Pads are to stiff / Rigid for detecting, there great for being on The ground for long periods of Time Like a Tile Layer, as For the detectorest where always up down, up down, also the good Gel pads are very expensive .

Gel Knee Pads are to stiff / Rigid for detecting, there great for being on The ground for long periods of Time Like a Tile Layer, as For the detectorest where always up down, up down, also the good Gel pads are very expensive .

Know how much of that applies to the set I bought?

None :D

Alta superflex with altalok. Same as used by the military. Comfortable, easy on or off, and don't ride up/down. Not gel, but feel great and have a rubber cap so won't crack like the plastic ones do.

You can pick up on ebay for around $15 new, sometimes cheaper. I swear by them and we use them for prizes in our club hunts.

Back
Top Bottom